Nashville Music Awards Noms End 7/15
Next Big Nashville and Leadership Music are working together to revive the Nashville Music Awards (NMA), which were originally produced by Leadership Music from 1995-2000. The NMAs recognize all genres of music, and celebrate the diversity and quality of artists and music professionals who call Nashville home. Winners of this year’s awards will be announced on the first evening of the 2009 Next Big Nashville festival, opening Wed., Oct. 7 at the Cannery Ballroom.
Submissions for nominees are being accepted from the public at www.nashvillemusicawards.com in 19 categories (listed below) until July 15. Final nominees will be chosen by committees of music industry experts and will be announced in August. Popular online voting will determine the winners. For a look at past winners, visit the Web site.
1. Artist of the Year
2. Best New Artist
3. Song of the Year
4. Next Big Nashville Award (for Emerging Independent Artists)
5. Songwriter of the Year
6. Poster / Album Artwork / Packaging of the Year
7. Instrumentalist of the Year
8. Music Video / Film of the Year
9. Made in Music City Award: for a recording made in Nashville by a non-Nashville artist
10. Bluegrass / Old-Time Music Album of the Year
11. Country Album of the Year
12. Folk / Americana Album of the Year
13. Urban Recording of the Year
14. Gospel / Contemporary Christian Album of the Year
15. Jazz / Blues Album of the Year
16. Pop / Rock Album of the Year
The last three categories are not voted on by the public:
17. Heritage Award
18. Brian Williams Ambassador Award (formerly titled the “Bridge Award”)
19. Innovator of the Year: for a Nashville music-related tech innovator
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!