Rising country music artist and Sony/ATV songwriter Lainey Wilson is releasing her self-titled EP, available via digital retailers and streaming services today, April 13. Wilson co-wrote all six songs on the project, which includes new single “Workin’ Overtime.” The EP was produced by Aslan Freeman.
Wilson will perform her new music during her opening set for fellow country artist CJ Solar next Wednesday, April 18 at The Basement East in Nashville, and also at the Third Street Songwriters Festival in Baton Rouge, La. from April 20-22.
The Louisiana native is signed to WME and has landed cuts by Luke Combs and Kasey Tyndall.
“As a songwriter in Nashville, you tend to wear a lot of different hats, but I’ve learned over the years that the more honest I am, the more people react to my songs,” says Wilson. “Whether I’m writing about something I’ve experienced firsthand or something I’ve learned through the experiences of others, people want to hear the truth. They want to know they’re not alone, whatever they might be going through, and I hope when they hear my songs; they know I’ve been there too.”
Lainey Wilson Track listing:
1. “Workin’ Overtime” (Lainey Wilson, Rob Crosby)
2. “Dreamcatcher” (Lainey Wilson, Kalsey Kulyk)
3. “Waste of Good Whiskey” (Lainey Wilson, Ethan Baumgarner, Alex DaCosta)
4. “Breakin’ Your Heart” (Lainey Wilson, Kasey Tyndall, Katie Austin)
5. “Microphone” (Lainey Wilson, Ross Ellis, Aslan Freeman)
6. “Middle Finger” (Lainey Wilson, Trannie Stevens, Faren Rachels)