Clare Dunn released her new female empowerment EP, Real Thing, Friday (Feb. 12) via Big Yellow Dog Music.
She says, “Real Thing walks through the journey of not being afraid to be exactly who you are as a woman—whether that means standing up for yourself, not being afraid to express your emotions when you’ve been blown off, not being afraid to fall head-over-heels in love, or not being afraid to accept yourself as you are. There’s no wrong way to be a woman.”
“No Wrong Way” is the culmination of the project’s theme, disposing of all the labels people put on women and finding strength in imperfection. Throughout the project, Dunn addresses authenticity (“Real Thing”), vulnerability (“Unread”), and in-the-moment fearlessness (“No Reservations”).
Dunn co-wrote and self-produced the EP at her family’s ranch in Southeast Colorado. It features co-writes by some of Nashville’s top talent including Luke Dick, Liz Rose and Connie Harrington.
Real Thing Track List:
1. No Reservations (Clare Dunn, Liz Rose, Luke Dick)
2. Real Thing (Dunn, Jenn Decilveo)
3. Unread (Dunn, Joseph Patton, Josh Gabbard)
4. No Wrong Way (Dunn, Rose, Ben West)
5. We Are (Dunn, Connie Harrington, Mark Holman)
- Key West Songwriters Festival Reveals Initial Artist Lineup - April 2, 2021
- Chris Cobb Launches GoFundMe Campaign To Purchase Exit/In Property - April 2, 2021
- HYBE Acquires Scooter Braun’s Ithaca Holdings, Including BMLG - April 2, 2021