In Music City, meteorologists are predicting record breaking heat for Memorial Day weekend; on Saturday the high is expected to soar to 95 degrees. Temperatures Friday through Monday will be in the low-to-mid 90s. Here’s where country stars will be turning up the heat across the nation…
• Many top artists will be playing Bayou Country Superfest this weekend at LSU Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, LA. On the line-up are Keith Urban, Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Eric Church, Dierks Bentley, Little Big Town, Sara Evans, Jerrod Niemann and Joe Nichols.
• PBS’s National Memorial Day Concert will feature Trace Adkins, Daughtry, Natalie Cole and others. The program is co-hosted by actors Joe Mantegna and Gary Sinise. There will also be an appearance by Gen. Colin Powell. The show airs live from the Nation’s Capital on May 27. Adkins will also kick off the 25th Anniversary of Fleet Week New York, which welcomes nearly 6,000 military personnel. Tonight (5/23) he will perform a free concert for the sailors at Hard Rock Cafe New York in Times Square.
• Montgomery Gentry will kick-off FOX & Friends’ “All American Concert Series” Fri., May 25, during the 8:00 a.m. EDT hour. The free live performance is the first of the 14-week outdoor concert series outside the FOX News studios in Midtown Manhattan. MG will perform “So Called Life,” the second single from their seventh studio album, Rebels On The Run.
• Show Dog-Universal Music artist Jessie James‘ new single is hitting airwaves in time for Memorial Day and Father’s Day. “Military Man” was written in honor of her stepfather who is a Colonel and fighter pilot in the Air Force. “Not only is he a hero because he is in our military,” she explains, “but he’s a hero to our family. I feel like he rescued me and my siblings and loved us as if we were his own and made my mama so happy.”
• Martina McBride hosts the radio program “Summer Kick Off with Martina McBride” with special guests Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney. It is available to all U.S. radio stations by contacting Donny Walker at [email protected].
• Lee Greenwood will perform his signature song “God Bless the U.S.A.,” and discuss his new book, Does God Still Bless the U.S.A.: A Plea For a Better America on Fox & Friends on Memorial Day at 6:00 a.m./EDT. He is also set for upcoming appearances on Daystar’s Joni, GAC’s Great American Salute, and Lifetime TV’s The Balancing Act.