Billboard and the Country Music Association are partnering to present the Country Music Summit June 4-5, 2012 in Nashville. The event precedes the CMA Music Festival, running June 7-10. The Cannery is the host venue for the Summit and the Hilton Nashville Downtown is the host hotel.
Among the sessions at the Summit are:
• Thompson Square–Makin’ Tracks: Journey of A Song about “Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not”
• Q&A with Willie Nelson
• Artist Development Case Study with Luke Bryan
• CMA Research Study
• The Manager Roundtable featuring Clint Higham (Morris Management Group), Doc McGhee (McGhee Entertainment) and Clarence Spalding (Spalding Entertainment)
• Touring Part I: Buyers Talk Business (sponsored by Bridgestone Arena)
• Touring Part II: The Agents (sponsored by Global Spectrum)
• Networking Roundtables and Cocktail Receptions
• On Air: The Radio Block
Details at www.countrymusicsummit.com.
The 2012 Billboard Music Awards will air May 20, 8-11 p.m. from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Competing in all-genre categories will be Lady Antebellum (Top Duo/Group), Scotty McCreery (Top New Artist) and Taylor Swift (Top Touring Artist).
Among the Country and Christian nominees are:
Top Country Artist: Jason Aldean, Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum, Blake Shelton, Taylor Swift
Top Country Album: Jason Aldean My Kinda Party, The Band Perry The Band Perry, Luke Bryan Tailgates and Tanlines, Lady Antebellum Own The Night, Scotty McCreery Clear As Day
Top Country Song: “Dirt Road Anthem” Jason Aldean; “Country Girl (Shake It For Me)” Luke Bryan; “Crazy Girl” Eli Young Band; “Just A Kiss” Lady Antebellum; “Honey Bee” Blake Shelton
Top Christian Artist: Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Skillet, Laura Story, Chris Tomlin
Top Christian Album: Casting Crowns Come To The Well, Casting Crowns Until The Whole World Hears, Skillet Awake, Laura Story Blessings, Wow Hits 2012 Various Artists
Top Christian Song: “Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)” Casting Crowns; “Hold Me” Jamie Grace ft. TobyMac; “Stronger” Mandisa; “Blessings” Laura Story; “Strong Enough” Matthew West