Randy Travis will celebrate the 35th anniversary of his album Storms of Life with a newly remastered version including classic songs “Diggin’ Up Bones” and “On The Other Hand,” as well as three previously unreleased tracks.
Storms of Life (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) will be released Sept. 24 with pre-order beginning Aug. 27.
Travis and his triple-Platinum debut album Storms of Life helped bring the country genre back to its traditional roots. Released in 1986 by Warner Bros. Records, it was his first of five consecutive No. 1 albums and went on to sell more than 3 million copies. The 35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition will be released by Warner Music Nashville.
“I love the timeless lyrics and the traditional country instruments, like steel guitar, banjo, piano, fiddle,” says the Country Music Hall of Fame member. “It was music I believed in, that told a story I wanted to share. We were fortunate to have a large catalog of songs to choose from that were more traditional. At the time, people and radio really weren’t playing this kind of music. Most people were recording more of an urban cowboy sound, so I got to choose from the best of the best, cream of the crop. It was exciting for all of us to get back to our roots.”
Storms of Life (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) Track Listing:
1. “On The Other Hand” (Paul Overstreet, Don Schlitz)
2. “The Storms of Life” (Max D. Barnes, Troy Seals)
3. “My Heart Cracked (But It Did Not Break)” (Ronny Scaife, Don Singleton, Phil Thomas)
4. “Diggin’ Up Bones” (Al Gore, Paul Overstreet, Nat Stuckey)
5. “No Place Like Home” (Paul Overstreet)
6. “1982” (Buddy Blackmon, Vip Vipperman)
7. “Send My Body” (Randy Travis)
8. “Messin’ With My Mind” (Joseph Allen, Charlie Williams)
9. “Reasons I Cheat” (Randy Travis)
10. “There’ll Always Be A Honky Tonk Somewhere” (Steve Clark, Johnny MacRae)
Unreleased Tracks: (songwriters not listed in press release)
“Ain’t No Use”
*All tracks produced by Kyle Lehning, except “On The Other Hand” and “Reasons I Cheat” produced by Lehning and Keith Stegall.