David Morris has released his new album Bored In The USA.
The new project features his previously-released viral singles “Carrying Your Love” and “Dutton Ranch Freestyle,” which was certified Gold last month. In 2020, “Carrying Your Love,” which samples George Strait, went to the top of the charts peaking No. 3 on Trending Sounds within TikTok. The song reached No.12 on the Billboard Emerging Chart, No.3 on Digital Sales Country and No.12 on All-Genre Sales.
“This album is a collection of songs that represent who I am,” says Morris. “I’ve always had a very eclectic taste in music. I grew up burning CDs with my friends putting songs from all genres together in one place. As different as they all sounded individually—as a playlist there was cohesion. It became the soundtrack to my summer. Season. Life. That’s what I wanted this album to be. Rooted in my Appalachian roots and love for country music but daring to bring in different genres and sounds to give fans a wider scope of who I am and bring back some nostalgia at the same time.”
The country hip-hop artist has had a big year as he signed with Virgin Music Group, signed a publishing deal with Sony Music Publishing, and performed at CMA Fest 2023. Alongside that success, he’s toured nationwide on his “Hometown Heartbreak Tour,” and supported Russell Dickerson, Jelly Roll, Kidd G and several others on shows across the country.
- “Prettiest Thing” (David Morris, Brandon Manley)
- “Bored In The USA” (David Morris, Brandon Manley)
- “Someday You Will” (David Morris, Seth Alley)
- “I Hate This Job” (David Morris, Noah West, Jared Griffin)
- “He Ain’t Me” (David Morris, Brandon Manley)
- “Dutton Ranch Freestyle” (David Morris, Brandon Manley)
- “She’s With Me Now” (David Morris, Jake Rose)
- “You Deserve Better” (David Morris, Robert Deahl)
- “Proud Of You” (David Morris, Brandon Manley)
- “Carrying Your Love” (David Morris, Jeff Stevens, Steve Bogard, Robert Deahl, Nikolas Grivellas)
- “American Idle” (David Morris, Suli, Slimmy Beats)
- “Stupid” (David Morris, Seth Alley)
- “My Fault” (David Morris, Christian Delapena, Máté Gere, Danny Davanzo)
- “Hot Beer In Hell” (David Morris)
- “Stuck In My Hometown” (David Morris, Robert Deahl, Nikolas Grivellas)
- Mediabase Reveals 2023 Year-End Chart Stats, Big Loud Lands In First Place - December 8, 2023
- Cooper Alan Among The Pandora Ten: Artists To Watch In 2024 - December 8, 2023
- Kidd G Drops Memory-Packed New EP ‘If We Were A Love Song’ - December 8, 2023