Dustin Lynch wrestles with some very relatable life questions on his upcoming sixth studio album, Killed The Cowboy, due out Sept. 29 via Broken Bow Records.
The brooding title track, which captures a romantic duel where only one will walk away penned by Jordan Reynolds, Devin Dawson, and Anderson East, is out today.
The 12-track journey contemplating the single life on Killed The Cowboy includes highlights like the introspective “If I Stop Drinkin’,” the shadowy ballad “Blue Lights,” and the yearning come-on “Lone Star.” Fans will also find a friend at the party via some rowdy anthems, from “Honky Tonk Heartbreaker” and “George Strait Jr.,” to “Chevrolet”—a nostalgic dirt road rocker with Jelly Roll.
“When I’m off the road and working on my farm, I have a lot of inner dialogue. It’s a boxing match inside of me, between living in the moment and enjoying where I am, versus what’s the best version of me five, 10, or 20 years down the road,” Lynch explains. “What do I want to be? What do I want life to look like? Who do I want to be around? Killed The Cowboy is that back-and-forth. It’s me asking myself, ‘Am I okay? Or am I weird for not having found my person yet? And is she even out there?’ My hope is that this album finds someone who needs to hear it. I want Killed The Cowboy to embrace the single people of the world and lift them up, to let them know that you don’t have to live a ‘normal’ life to still be happy in your own skin.”
Killed The Cowboy Track List:
1. “Killed The Cowboy” (Jordan Reynolds, Devin Dawson, Anderson East)*
2. “Honky Tonk Heartbreaker” (Dustin Lynch, Hunter Phelps, Zach Crowell, Ben Johnson)+
3. “George Strait Jr.” (Dustin Lynch, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Reynolds, Andy Albert)*
4. “Chevrolet (feat. Jelly Roll)” (Chase McGill, Jessi Alexander, Hunter Phelps, Mentor Williams)^
5. “If I Stop Drinkin’” (John Morgan, Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Jordan Minton)*
6. “Only Girl In This Town” (Devin Dawson, Josh Thompson, Kyle Fishman)#
7. “Breakin’ Up Down” (Hunter Phelps, Zach Crowell, Blake Pendergrass, Brent Anderson)*
8. “Trouble With This Truck” (Dustin Lynch, Hunter Phelps, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)*
9. “Blue Lights” (Jameson Rodgers, Jake Mitchell, Brent Anderson, Hunter Phelps)*
10. “Lone Star” (Devin Dawson, Jordan Reynolds, Alysa Vanderheym)*
11. “Listen To The Radio” (Dustin Lynch, Hunter Phelps, Randy Montana, Ben Johnson)*
12. “Long Way Home” (Dustin Lynch, Kyle Fishman, Andy Albert)*
* Produced by Zach Crowell
+ Co-Produced by Zach Crowell and Ben Johnson
^ Co-Produced by Zach Crowell and Ben Phillips
# Co-Produced by Zach Crowell and Kyle Fishman
- Industry Ink: Stephen Wilson Jr., Anne Wilson, BMI, ACM - September 21, 2023
- Tauren Wells To Host 54th Annual GMA Dove Awards - September 21, 2023
- Toby Keith Celebrates Solo Writes On New ‘100% Songwriter’ Project - September 21, 2023