Singer-songwriter Allie Colleen digitally released her debut album, Stones, on Wednesday Nov. 24 and celebrated with a special celebration at The Local in Nashville.
Songwriters Kelli Johnson, Kimberly Atwood, Steven McMorran and Jason Matthews, who all collaborated on the project, along with Mitch Rossell and Anthony Mossburg joined Colleen to share the stories behind the songs followed by a full band show.
The project was co-produced by Joe Costa and Ben Watts and was recorded at Allentown Recording Studio in Nashville. Throughout the album’s 11 tracks are a variety of songs and topics, including “Only Oklahoma,” which places the Oklahoma native in a position of questioning what her life might be like if she’d have never left home; the seemingly innocent named yet innuendo-filled “Pink Lemonade;” and the powerful anthem “Wildflower,” which provides encouragement to embrace one’s uniqueness.
“I’ve always been drawn to artists that can do it all. Someone who can write their own songs and come into the studio and perform them in a way that moves the listener and makes you believe every single word they sing. That’s Allie Colleen,” shares Costa. “This girl is the whole package, and I couldn’t be more honored and proud to have played a part in helping her vision to come to life.”
“Allie Colleen delivers the goods on her debut album. From moments of angsty blues to soulful ballads and classic country. Allie does it all with raw, heartfelt lyrics and an honest vocal delivery,” adds Watts. “It was a pleasure to play a part in the creation of this project. I’m sure she’s set for a bright journey ahead!”
“I am beyond grateful every day of my life to pursue this dream. This collection of songs holds stories and narratives that are very close to my heart, and it is my hope and intention that they will have their own place in your story as well. So from my heart and all the amazing hands that touched this project, thank you for my life and career,” says Colleen. “I hope you love this album, but at the end of the day-I LOVE this album. Love one another.”
Colleen visited the MusicRow offices earlier this year and shared snippets and stories from her debut album. To read about the visit, click here.
Stones Track List:
1. Stones (I Don’t Give A …) – Sara Brice / De’Leah Shane / Tony McVaney / Allie Colleen
2. Playin’ House – Billy Dawson / Jason Matthews / Allie Colleen
3. Don’t Give Your Heart To A Cowboy – Eric Dodd / Allie Colleen
4. Vagabond Angels – Steven McMorran / Allie Colleen
5. Wildflower – Billy Dawson / De’leah Shane / Sara Brice / Allie Colleen
6. Only Oklahoma – Matt McKinney / Allie Colleen
7. Blame It On The Weather – Allie Colleen
8. Good As It Gets – Carly Rogers / Kelli Johnson / Allie Colleen
9. Well Enough Alone – Kimberly Atwood / Allie Colleen
10. Make Me A Man – Eric Dodd / Allie Colleen
11. Pink Lemonade – Nora Collins / Nick Donley / Matt McVaney
- Nate Smith Nabs First Chart-Topper With Debut Single, ‘Whiskey On You’ - January 30, 2023
- Ross Copperman Makes His Way Into The Top Five On MusicRow Top Songwriter Chart - January 30, 2023
- Weekly Register: Hardy Makes Massive Debuts On Country Albums & Songs Charts - January 30, 2023