The Mechanical Licensing Collective has announced a new, four-part webinar series geared to inform current and prospective members on what they need to know about the organization and its work.
Each webinar is 30-minutes and will focus on a particular area of interest, inlcuding what The MLC does, how to become a member, the importance of musical works data accuracy, and a summary of The MLC’s royalty distribution process.
Both current and prospective members are welcome to register for the events.
Starting on April 8, the webinars are scheduled as follows:
- The Basics: What is The MLC and Who Should be a Member? – April 8 – 12 p.m. ET | 11 a.m. CT | 9 a.m. PT
- Membership 101: How to Join The MLC – April 15 – 12 p.m. ET | 11 a.m. CT | 9 a.m. PT
- Data Accuracy and Why it Matters – April 22 – 12 p.m. ET | 11 a.m. CT | 9 a.m. PT
- Getting Paid: The MLC’s Royalty Distribution Process – April 29 – 12 p.m. ET | 11 a.m. CT | 9 a.m. PT
The MLC is responsible for administering the new blanket compulsory license for the use of musical works by digital music services. As of January 2021, mechanical royalties from streaming in the U.S. are now processed and paid out by The MLC at no cost to songwriters or music publishers.
- The Academy Of Country Music Announces Performances For 56th Awards - April 13, 2021
- Gabby Barrett Scores Second Consecutive No. 1 With ‘The Good Ones’ - April 13, 2021
- Endurance Names Carrie Wilkins Vice President, Amplified Administration - April 13, 2021