The Recording Academy is creating a new social media initiative, Behind the Record, aimed to spotlight the numerous producers, engineers, songwriters, mixers, instrumentalists, and other creators who contribute to the recording process.
With Behind the Record’s Oct. 25 launch, the Recording Academy will give credit where credit is due, igniting a cultural conversation by inviting artists across all genres to recognize their collaborators’ incredible behind-the-scenes work on the tracks, records, and albums loved by music fans across the globe.
“It’s our responsibility, as a service organization, to serve our membership community of creative professionals and to ensure we celebrate and recognize all the incredibly talented musicians and creators who are making the music we love,” said Deborah Dugan, President/CEO of the Recording Academy. “Credits have been a casualty of the digital age, for all that we gained with streaming we lost in the opportunity for recognition and even discovery. Behind the Record champions all professional music creators and aims to connect with artist fan bases in order to give recognition to those who work tirelessly on these recordings.”
Artists can participate in Behind the Record by:
- Joining the Recording Academy and Behind the Record to help promote and share recognition for all creators.
- Creating a custom Behind the Record Credit Cover on the Recording Academy’s campaign webpage
- Posting your Credit Cover across social media channels and tagging those who worked on your project using hashtags #GiveCredit #WeAreMusic #BehindTheRecord
Artists can create Credit Covers for a single or album, and all covers will live in a gallery on the site for music fans to view and discover the roles of creatives behind some of their favorite records. In addition to supporting the initiative on social media, artists may also create a custom vinyl sleeve for “extra credit.”
- Industry Ink: Mitchell Tenpenny, RaeLynn, Tyler Joe Miller, Steve Fishell - February 21, 2024
- Rob Hatch Signs With Eclipse Music Group - February 21, 2024
- T. Graham Brown Invited To Join Grand Ole Opry Family - February 21, 2024