Colt Ford is releasing his latest album, We The People Volume 1 on Average Joes Entertainment Sept. 20. The 14-song album includes the latest hit, “Slow Ride,” a groove-driven song featuring guest vocals by Mitchell Tenpenny.
Produced by Noah Gordon and Ford, the new album was recorded at Ford’s studio in Nashville in between a marathon tour schedule of nearly 150 shows in less than 12 months. The project features special guests Jimmie Allen (“Back To Them Backroads”), Michael Ray (“Nightcap”) and Dan Tyminski (“Where The Water Is,” “Bass Like That”) along with Tenpenny and other special guests. Songwriters contributing to the project include Brad Warren, Brett Warren, Morgan Wallen, David Lee Murphy, Ben Hayslip, Walker Hayes, Jeffrey Steele, Russell Dickerson, JT Harding, and more.
“Making this one, I went back to the beginning when I really didn’t know any better,” Ford explains about the new album. “I didn’t let anybody tell me the rules or say, ‘You can’t do this; you’ve got to do that.’ Instead, I let the feeling of the songs guide me. The record reignited my passion for playing and making music. My music transcends politics, religion, and rules. That’s what this whole project is about.”
A new video for “Slow Ride” featuring Ford and Tenpenny that was filmed in Nashville premiered on YouTube. Ford and his band are currently touring the country with a special appearance set for Sept. 17 at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.
4. Back To Them Backroads feat. Jimmie Allen (Colt Ford, Taylor Phillips, Josh Mirenda, Jared Sciullo, Justin David Bertoldie)
8. Where The Water Is feat. Dan Tyminski (Walker Hayes, Thomas Archer)
9. Bring That “W” Home (Written by: David Lee Murphy, Ben Hayslip, Jimmy Yeary)
10. Cooter Brown feat. Larry Fleet (Brad Warren, Brett Warren, Morgan Wallen, Chris Stevens)
12. Time Machine (Taylor Phillips, Erik Dylan, Matt Roy, Brock Berryhill)
13. How You Lose a Woman (Noah Gordon, Lance Miller, Wade Kirby)
14. We The People (Remix) feat. DJ KO (Corey Crowder, James McNair, Brandon Kinney)
- Frank Ray Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month With New Spanish EP - September 22, 2023
- Dalton Dover Delivers New Project, ‘Never Giving Up On That’ - September 22, 2023
- Kane Brown Releases Phil Collins-Inspired Track ‘I Can Feel It’ - September 22, 2023