Country Music Hall of Famer Bill Anderson is readying the release of his 72nd album, Anderson, available on Sept. 14.
With a pre-order, fans receive an instant download of the lead single “Everybody Wants To Be Twenty-One,” a co-written duet with Jamey Johnson. The Grand Ole Opry veteran co-wrote each of the tracks with venerable songwriters including John Paul White, Buddy Cannon, Paul Overstreet and more.
The 11-song project was produced by Anderson, Thomm Jutz and Peter Cooper, recorded and mixed by Jutz.
“You might think after my having released 71 albums during my career that I’d be tempted to yawn my way through the release of album No. 72,” expressed Anderson. “Well, that’s not the case at all. I’m looking forward to this one as much as any record I’ve ever put out. I know I’ve never enjoyed the recording process more than working here with Thomm Jutz and Peter Cooper. They had the vision…I just tried to follow their lead and bring their ideas to life. I only hope that as folks listen, they’ll feel we succeeded.”
In addition to Grand Ole Opry appearances, Anderson will tour Indiana, Missouri, Pennsylvania and Virginia in the fall, leading up to a Country Family Reunion cruise in January.
Anderson Track Listing:
1. Old Things New (Buddy Cannon/ Paul Overstreet/ Bill Anderson)
2. Everybody Wants To Be Twenty-One (Jamey Johnson/ Bill Anderson)
3. Dixie Everywhere I Go (Bill Anderson)
4. Dead To You (John Paul White/ Bill Anderson)
5. Something To Believe In (Bill Anderson)
6. Watchin’ It Rain (Dave Gibson/ Bill Anderson)
7. That’s What Made Me Love You (Orion Lore/ Bill Anderson)
8. Practice Leaving Town (Bobby Tomberlin/ Lance Miller/ Bill Anderson)
9. The Only Bible (Tim Rushlow/ Bill Anderson)
10. Waffle House Christmas (Erin Enderlin/ Alex Kline/ Bill Anderson)
11. Thankful (Bill Anderson)
- SiriusXM Adds New Channels, Personalization, Expanded Video, Mobile App Upgrades - July 10, 2019
- Spotify To Close Beta Program That Let Indie Artists Upload Music Directly - July 3, 2019
- Mark Your Calendar—July 2019 - July 1, 2019