Jack White is the king of vinyl, at least according to the list of top-selling vinyl albums for the first half of 2018, according to Nielsen’s 2018 Mid-Year report. White’s latest studio effort, Boarding House Reach, has sold 37,000 copies on vinyl in the first six months of the year. White’s Third Man Records is a proponent of releasing projects on vinyl, even opening a vinyl production facility in Detroit’s historic Cass Corridor neighborhood in February.
Vinyl LP sales were up 19.2 percent in the first half of 2018, with 7.6 million units of vinyl sold in the first half of 2018, vs. 6.4 million in 2017. The resurgence seems to be in full swing, with vinyl LPs now comprising over 18 percent of all physical album sales, up from 13 percent last year through mid-year.
Another Nashville-based artist, Justin Timberlake, secures the No. 7 best-selling vinyl for the first half of 2018, with Man Of The Woods selling 26K.
1. Jack White, Boarding House Reach (37,000)
2. Kendrick Lamar, DAMN. (30,000)
3. Soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (28,000)
4. Michael Jackson, Thriller (28,000)
5. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours (28,000)
6. Panic! at the Disco, Pray for the Wicked (26,000)
7. Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods (26,000)
8. Prince and the Revolution, Purple Rain (Soundtrack) (25,000)
9. Amy Winehouse, Back to Black (25,000)
10. The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (23,000)
- CMA Songwriters Series & Spotlight Stage To Return To C2C Festival In March - December 1, 2023
- Kenny Chesney Adds Three Soccer Stadiums To ‘Sun Goes Down 2024 Tour’ - December 1, 2023
- Crowd Surf Accepting Applications For New Music Apprenticeship Program - December 1, 2023