Jack White is the king of vinyl, at least according to the list of top-selling vinyl albums for the first half of 2018, according to Nielsen’s 2018 Mid-Year report. White’s latest studio effort, Boarding House Reach, has sold 37,000 copies on vinyl in the first six months of the year. White’s Third Man Records is a proponent of releasing projects on vinyl, even opening a vinyl production facility in Detroit’s historic Cass Corridor neighborhood in February.
Vinyl LP sales were up 19.2 percent in the first half of 2018, with 7.6 million units of vinyl sold in the first half of 2018, vs. 6.4 million in 2017. The resurgence seems to be in full swing, with vinyl LPs now comprising over 18 percent of all physical album sales, up from 13 percent last year through mid-year.
Another Nashville-based artist, Justin Timberlake, secures the No. 7 best-selling vinyl for the first half of 2018, with Man Of The Woods selling 26K.
1. Jack White, Boarding House Reach (37,000)
2. Kendrick Lamar, DAMN. (30,000)
3. Soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (28,000)
4. Michael Jackson, Thriller (28,000)
5. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours (28,000)
6. Panic! at the Disco, Pray for the Wicked (26,000)
7. Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods (26,000)
8. Prince and the Revolution, Purple Rain (Soundtrack) (25,000)
9. Amy Winehouse, Back to Black (25,000)
10. The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (23,000)
- CMT To Air ‘Naomi Judd: A River Of Time Celebration’ Live From Ryman - May 11, 2022
- Industry Ink: Devin Dawson, CMA/MusicBiz, ACM Lifting Lives, PLA Media - May 11, 2022
- Dolly Parton Featured In New Musical For Taco Bell - May 11, 2022