The Oak Ridge Boys are back with a brand new Lightning Rods Records project 17th Avenue Revival, produced by Dave Cobb, which will be released on March 16.
This is the group’s second project with Cobb, who produced the Oaks’ The Boys Are Back album in 2009. Vince Gill, Ashley Monroe, Jamey Johnson, and Brandy Clark all penned tracks on the new album, recorded at Studio A on 17th Avenue in Nashville. Cobb’s vision included no vocal stacking and very few overdubs during production. For two of the songs, the Boys gathered around one microphone and let the harmonies shine on the new collection.
“Dave brought music with spirit and a magical feel to the studio. It became a mental, emotional, physical and spiritual revival for The Oak Ridge Boys,” says the group’s William Lee Golden.
“Having been in The Oak Ridge Boys for almost 52 years,” says Duane Allen, “it can be difficult for me to imagine a place where we have not been. However, Dave Cobb had that vision, and the result is 17th Avenue Revival.”
“Legendary Studio A on 17th Avenue South became a special, almost spiritual place, and for a few weeks it served as a beacon of creativity,” says Allen.
The group will tour in support of the new album this year on their Shine the Light Tour.
17th Avenue Revival Track Listing
1. Brand New Star (Aaron Raitiere & Mando Saenz)
2. There Will Be Light (Jamey Johnson, Larry Shell & Buddy Cannon)
3. God’s Got It (Charlie Jackson)
4. I’d Rather Have Jesus (Rhea Miller & George Beverly Shea)
5. Walk In Jerusalem (Traditional /Public Domain)
6. Where He Leads Me I Will Follow (Ernest W. Blandy / Public Domain)
7. Pray To Jesus (Brandy Clark & Shane McAnally)
8. If I Die (Ashley Monroe & Vince Gill)
9. Let It Shine On Me (Vince Gill & Ashley Monroe)
- CMA Songwriters Series & Spotlight Stage To Return To C2C Festival In March - December 1, 2023
- Kenny Chesney Adds Three Soccer Stadiums To ‘Sun Goes Down 2024 Tour’ - December 1, 2023
- Crowd Surf Accepting Applications For New Music Apprenticeship Program - December 1, 2023