Sony/ATV songwriters Ashlee Hewitt and Shelby McLeod have teamed with Whitney Duncan, a former solo artist who is published by Given Entertainment, to form a new trio, Post Monroe. The band’s self-titled debut EP was released for digital download on Friday, May 13. The first single, “Red Hot American Summer,” will be released soon.
The five-track EP was produced by Chuck Ainlay and Lady Antebellum’s Dave Haywood (with Aaron Chmielewski producing on “Lucky One”). The trio is managed by Kelli Haywood of KCH Entertainment.
“I have had such an amazing time being on the production side of the music-making process with Post Monroe,” said Dave Haywood. “I truly believe that these girls are the real deal – from the writing room to the studio – they have a unique perspective and fresh sound that I can’t wait for people to hear.”
Hewitt grew up on a farm in Lancaster, Minnesota, and has extensive experience in live performance playing 150 shows annually throughout her teenage years. She was a contestant on the sixth season of Nashville Star.
A native Tennessean, Duncan was part of the Warner Music Nashville roster in 2008 with the release of her album, Right Road Now. Her singles were “When I Said I Would” and “Skinny Dippin”. She also appeared on Nashville Star as well as Survivor.
McLeod spent her childhood singing locally and participating in musical theater in her hometown of Madison, Georgia. She earned a degree in communications from the University of Georgia before landing a position in the music industry where she initially got to know her bandmates.
“We are so excited to get the first taste of our music out and available for everyone to hear,” said Duncan. “We have really been looking forward to this day for quite a while.”
Hewitt said, “We truly feel like the chemistry we have found together in the writing room and in the studio is something very special; we feel so blessed.”
“We are strong women and we’re vulnerable,” said McLeod. “There are many sides to every woman and we like writing songs that speak from all those sides.”
Post Monroe EP Track Listing:
1. Half Hearted (Whitney Duncan, Ashlee Hewitt, Greg Becker)
2. Lucky One (Whitney Duncan, Kelly Collins)
3. Red Hot American Summer (Whitney Duncan, Ashlee Hewitt, Shelby McLeod, Blair Daly)
4. Dixie Dust (Whitney Duncan, Ashlee Hewitt, Shelby McLeod, Dave Haywood, Dave Thompson)
5. Hell On Me (Whitney Duncan, Chris Tompkins)
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020