UMG Chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge was ranked No. 1 on Billboard‘s annual Power 100 list of the music industry’s most influential people. Grainge has appeared at the No. 1 spot on the rankings three times, in 2013, 2015 and 2016, making him the first to hold the top rank for consecutive years.
Live Nation president/CEO Michael Rapino is at No. 2, followed by Apple execs Eddy Cue, Jimmy Iovine, Robert Kondrk, and Trent Reznor (all at No. 3), Sony Music Entertainment CEO Doug Morris at No. 4, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing Chairman/CEO Martin Bandier at No. 5.
Among the Nashville entertainment executives that made the rankings are:
- Big Machine Label Group president/CEO Scott Borchetta (No. 22)
- Universal Music Group Nashville Chairman/CEO Mike Dungan (No. 29)
- Live Nation Country Music President Brian O’Connell (No. 38, along with Live Nation execs Mark Campana, Bob Roux, Brad Wavra, and David Zedeck)
- Warner Music Nashville President/CEO John Esposito (No. 63)
- Sony Music Nashville Chairman/CEO Randy Goodman (No. 67)
- Sandbox Entertainment President/CEO Jason Owen (No. 82)
- Morris Higham Management President/Partner Clint Higham (No. 93)
- Country Music Association CEO Sarah Trahern (No. 99)
During Grammy weekend, Grainge’s 2016 artist showcase, held at the Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, offered insiders a look at some of the Grammy awards’ top nominees, including performances from Sam Hunt, Chris Stapleton, and The Weeknd, as well as Thomas Rhett, Halsey, Demi Lovato, and more.
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020