The Americana Music Association announced today (Nov. 25) its first annual fundraising drive, which is now open online through Dec. 20. New items will be added each week through Dec. 15.
Proceeds will go towards meeting the increased demands of the Association’s growth and to lay the groundwork for an endowment to continue the work of advocating for the authentic voice of American roots music around the world.
Currently available experiences include:
- Private tour of the Grammy Museum with Executive Director Bob Santelli
- Private tour of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum by President & CEO Greg Harris
- Lunch with Jonathan Levine of Paradigm Talent Agency
- Dinner with legendary radio promoter Al Moss
- VIP access for two to Americanafest 2015
- Two tickets to Sturgill Simpson‘s Austin City Limits taping and a private tour for two of Moody Theater in Austin, TX by ACL and GRAMMY producer Terry Lickona
- A day in the studio with nine-time GRAMMY-winning producer and engineer Gary Paczosa
This past year, the association was busy supporting new Grammy categories for American roots music artists; lobbying for a seat at a congressional debate, where Rosanne Cash spoke in support of fair pay for artists and songwriters; producing the first tribute to honor the Everly Brothers after the passing of Phil Everly; and curating a prestigious week-long event in New York City, Americanafest NYC, in partnership with Lincoln Center.
The organization’s primary fundraiser is the annual Americana Music Festival & Conference in Nashville, Tenn. The Association’s Honors & Awards show, the festival’s capstone event, was filmed at the Ryman Auditorium this past September for a program entitled ACL Presents: Americana Music Festival 2014 which is airing this week on PBS stations nationwide (check your local listings).
- SiriusXM Adds New Channels, Personalization, Expanded Video, Mobile App Upgrades - July 10, 2019
- Spotify To Close Beta Program That Let Indie Artists Upload Music Directly - July 3, 2019
- Mark Your Calendar—July 2019 - July 1, 2019