ASCAP‘s 9th annual “I Create Music” EXPO will feature Nashville artists, writers and executives. The expo is set for April 24 – 26, 2014 at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles.
The expo will feature a master session from singer-songwriter Amy Grant, songwriting sessions and performance from Shane McAnally, as well as a Hit Producers Panel with Country producer Michael Knox, pop/R&B producer Rob Knox, and others. Other initial participants with Nashville ties include include Darrell Brown, and Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald. Additional participants have yet to be announced.
Programming highlights confirmed so far include:
- Keynote Panel with Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald
- Master Session with Amy Grant
- Hit Songwriters Panel with Justin Timberlake’s collaborator James Fauntleroy, Boys Like Girls’ Martin Johnson, pop songwriter Savan Kotecha, “Wrecking Ball” co-writer MoZella and prolific songwriter Lindy Robbins
- Hit Producers Panel with country producer Michael Knox, pop/R&B producer Rob Knox and others
- Live Performance Song Feedback with Darrell Brown, a multi-part workshop
- Artists Writing for Film & TV with Gabriel Mann, Adam Schlesinger and Jeff Russo
- Gospel panel with Tye Tribbett, Alexis Spight and Phil Tarver
- Legislative Session with Congressman Tom Marino and Paul Williams
- Songwriters working in Musical Theatre with Glen Ballard, Stephen Bray, Holly Knight and Shane McAnally
- Master Session with composer Bear McCreary
- Music Supervisors Panel
- Touring panel with Warped Tour’s Kevin Lyman
- Master Session with Classical composer Morten Lauridsen
- Performances by Richie Sambora, Shane McAnally and many others
- …and nearly 125 more panelists are still to be announced covering over 40 panels!
Registration is available at ascap.com.
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020