• Broadcast Music, Inc. recently toasted Tim McGraw’s No. 1 hit “One of Those Nights” at his label home of Big Machine Records on Music Row. Co-written by Luke Laird, Rodney Clawson and Chris Tompkins, the song marks McGraw’s return to the top of the charts since 2011’s “Felt Good on My Lips.”
• • •
• Darius Rucker had a portion of Coliseum Drive in his hometown of Charleston, S.C. renamed Darius Rucker Boulevard Monday morning (Aug. 12) during a ceremony at the North Charleston Coliseum. With Rucker’s wife Beth looking on, City of North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey officially renamed the street in honor of Rucker, a proud Lowcountry native and resident.
“It’s crazy,” Rucker said. “You never do anything with the intention of getting something in return, so I never expect anything, but when I heard they wanted to name a street after me, I have to admit I was flattered. I’m truly honored that they’re doing that. It’s massive…just incredible. I’m totally over the moon about the whole thing. It’s just amazing to be recognized like that.”
The renaming of the street was initiated by country radio station WEZL 103.5 FM. Morning show co-hosts TJ Phillips and Ric Rush floated the idea on-air of naming a street after Darius back in the spring, and Mayor Summey was listening and loved the idea. The Mayor also presented Darius with a proclamation declaring Monday, Aug. 12, 2013 as “Darius Rucker Day” in the city of North Charleston.
• Carrie Underwood is getting her own line of nail polishes in the Nicole by OPI collection. Fourteen new nail lacquers inspired by Underwood will be available in January, in a collection ranging from soft pastels and dark sultry shades to playful glitters. The line will also include a signature gold textured shade called Carrie’d Away, created exclusively for Carrie.
• Sarah Darling served Country superstar Alan Jackson as a waitress at Nashville’s Stoney River Steakhouse prior to landing her first record deal and dreamed what it might be like to one day share a stage with him. And this past weekend, she celebrated that milestone, opening back-to-back shows for Jackson in Boise, Idaho, Salt Lake City, Utah, and Arlington, Wash.
Darling called the experience “beyond amazing” on Twitter, saying, “I was blessed to have been on tour with one of the most humble and gracious men in the music business this weekend. What an unforgettable experience. Thank you Alan!”
• CMT will showcase a couple of unsigned artists through its Listen Up Program on CMT.com. Unsigned Birmingham, Ala. act John and Jacob will take part in a series of exclusive performances premiering on CMT.com throughout the month. Striking Matches, an unsigned country act, will be showcased as CMT’s Listen Up Artist for the month of September. Both John and Jacob, and Striking Matches, will have videos played on CMT. This marks the first time CMT has exposed unsigned artists through the Listen Up program. For more information on these acts, visit strikingmatches.com and johnandjacob.com.
- Colin Stough To Release Debut EP, ‘Promiseland’ - October 2, 2023
- Dallas Smith Shares Two Tracks From Forthcoming Self-Titled Project - October 2, 2023
- ACM LEVel Up Program Opens Applications & Nominations For 2024 - October 2, 2023