The Americana Music Association has released its Top 100 Albums of the Year, based on albums reported to the Americana Airplay Chart between Nov. 16, 2010 and Nov. 14, 2011.
UMG’s Lost Highway lands the top two spots on the list with Hayes Carll’s KMAG YOYO hitting No. 1, and Lucinda Williams’ Blessed at No. 2. Rounder also picked up two of the Top 10, thanks to Alison Krauss & Union Station’s Paper Airplane and Gregg Allman’s Low Country Blues, as did New West Records albums I’ll Never Get Out Of This World Alive by Steve Earle and Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns by John Hiatt. The Top 10 are listed below, and the full list can be seen at americanamusic.org by clicking on the Top 100 albums link.
1. Hayes Carll, KMAG YOYO / Lost Highway
2. Lucinda Williams, Blessed / Lost Highway
3. Steve Earle, I’ll Never Get Out of This World Alive / New West
4. Alison Krauss & Union Station, Paper Airplane / Rounder
5. Emmylou Harris, Hard Bargain / Nonesuch
6. Gregg Allman, Low Country Blues / Rounder
7. Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit, Here We Rest / Lightning Rod
8. John Hiatt, Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns / New West
9. Decemberists, The King Is Dead / Capitol
10. Band of Heathens, Top Hat Crown & The Clapmaster’s Son / BOH Records