Pat Green has announced the release of Songs We Wish We’d Written II on Feb. 28, 2012, through his new label home Sugar Hill Records. Recorded with his road band in Texas, the album is the follow-up to Green’s 2001 Songs We Wish We’d Written collaboration with Cory Morrow.
The ten song collection (tracklist below) features a variety of writers from fellow Texas tunesmiths Joe Ely, Lyle Lovett, and Walt Wilkins to Nashville’s finest such as Will Kimbrough, Jon Randall, and Liz Rose as well as popular hits like Tom Petty’s “Even The Losers” and Collective Soul’s “The World I Know.” Green’s most recent studio recording was 2009’s What I’m For, on BNA Records.
“We hope our fans enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed recording it,” said Green. “You’ll hear a few songs you already know and may notice others that are unfamiliar; which was by design. I enjoy spreading the word about great talents and great music.”
Songs We Wish We’d Written II tracklist:
1. All Just To Get To You (Joe Ely & Will Alan Sexton)
2. Streets Of Galilee (Aaron Lee Tasjan)
3. Jesus On A Greyhound (Glen Ballard & Shelby Lynne)
4. Even The Losers (Tom Petty)
5. Austin (Jon Randall)
6. If It Weren’t For You (Liz Rose & Walt Wilkins)
7. Soulshine (Warren Haynes)
8. The World I Know (Brian Ross Childress & Ed Roland)
9. If I Had A Boat (Lyle Lovett)
10. I Am Too (Todd Snider & Will Kimbrough)