SiriusXM has unveiled its Next Generation Platform, which will roll out to subscribers across North America beginning Dec. 14.
The new app will offer listeners a more personalized, easy-to-use, lean-back streaming experience that puts discovery at the forefront. It will begin rolling out in the App Store, Google Play and on Amazon Fire devices, with additional platforms and features to come in early 2024. Accompanying the app is a refreshed brand platform and new logo.
- Always-On Personalization & Curation: Listeners will now be welcomed in with four curated sections: Music, Talk & Podcasts, Sports, and For You, a customized landing page for each listener. Personalized touch points will greet users across the app experience – even during playback, where listeners who reach their skip limits will be presented with alternative recommendations, allowing them to pivot to content better suited to their mood.
- Greater Content Discovery: New pages dedicated to teams, shows, channels, artists and more bring fans closer, allowing them to go deeper into what they love.
- Revamped Playback: The new and improved media player will be optimized for each type of content, with new audio segments allowing listeners to jump to key moments; transcription and speed control for podcasts and on-demand talk content; live listening updates for sports and beyond; enhanced airplay and casting; and more.
- Central Audio Library: A revamped library will allow fans to save the content they love – from live channels to on-demand and podcasts in one centralized location, with new offline listening and download capabilities.
- Interactive Onboarding: New subscribers will be invited to tailor their SiriusXM experience at sign-on by selecting artists, genres, personalities, and topics they love, then browse and sample tailored channel recommendations with a simple swipe.
New shows and original channels will be coming to SiriusXM as well, including Dolly Parton’s Rockstar Radio, launching Nov. 15 and available for a limited time. The channel will feature songs from Dolly’s upcoming album Rockstar as well as familiar hits and hand-picked favorites that inspired the making of the new album.
With the launch of the new SiriusXM app on Dec. 14, the company will be introducing new guest DJ channel takeovers from over 160 of the world’s top artists and bands, ranging from Olivia Rodrigo and Cardi B to Alice Cooper and Luke Combs.
“The introduction of the new SiriusXM streaming experience marks a pivotal moment in our history, one that kicks off a new era of innovation at our company,” says Jennifer Witz, CEO, SiriusXM. “And this launch is just the beginning; we will continue to iterate and develop our product offerings throughout the next year and beyond as we strive to deliver our subscribers the best listening experience on the go, in the car, and wherever they choose to tune in. From can’t miss live moments to the perfect soundtrack for any occasion, with the new SiriusXM, we are putting our differentiators at the forefront and welcoming in a new generation of listeners, bringing them closer to what they love.”
- Jason Aldean, Thomas Rhett, Cody Johnson To Headline Boots And Hearts Festival 2024 - December 6, 2023
- Dylan Gossett Slates ‘No Better Time Tour’ For This Spring - December 6, 2023
- ‘All For The Hall’ Benefit Raises More Than $900K For Country Music Hall Of Fame And Museum - December 6, 2023