Randall King is set to release his 18-track sophomore album, Into The Neon, on Jan. 26 via Warner Music Nashville. A new track from the project, “Hang of Hangin’ On,” is out now.
The album, which was co-produced by King with Jared Conrad, incorporates a blend of the influences who have inspired King’s sound, from George Strait and Keith Whitley to Dierks Bentley and Gary Allan.
Showcasing his ability to travel with ease from a toe-tapping waltzer on “When My Baby’s In Boots” to the yearning of “I Could Be That Rain,” King lays it all on the line with songs that could be enjoyed while slow dancing under the night sky or line dancing at a local honky tonk. On “Hang of Hangin’ On,” King finds himself graciously holding close to the girl he loves despite keeping “a goodbye up his sleeve” in the past. Writers contributing to the project include Jon Nite, Mitchell Tenpenny, Ava Suppelsa, Corey Crowder, Jake Worthington, Brice Long and more.
“You grow wiser with age, you grow wiser while you’re working and experiencing life, and I feel like I have a deeper understanding of what my music really is,” says King reflecting of the growth since his 2022 release, Shot Glass. “We’re moving into the neon era of country music. The pendulum is swinging, and you’re watching it happen… Now I just hope people get their mind blown.”
King is gearing up for his third annual KingFest in Luckenbach, Texas on Nov. 11 with Gary P. Nunn, Jon Stork and Braxton Keith also on the bill.
Into the Neon Track Listing:
1. “One Night Dance” (Randall King & Jon Nite)
2. “Somewhere Over Us” (Randall King, Mike Walker & Joey Hyde)
3. “When My Baby’s in Boots” (Trannie Anderson, Michael Carter and Jordan Walker)
4. “What Doesn’t Kill You” (Mitchell Tenpenny, Michael Whitworth, Nate Smith & Zach Kale)
5. “Hang of Hangin’ On” (Brett Sheroky & Brice Long)
6. “Burns Like Her” (Adam James, Greylan James & Mikey Reaves)
7. “Good Feelin’” (Michael Whitworth, Will Jones & Benjy Davis)
8. “The One You’re Waiting On” (Adam Wright & Shannon Wright)
9. “Into The Neon” (Randall King, Ben Stennis & Matt Rogers)
10. “Tonk ‘Til I Die” (Randall King, Dan Smalley & Benjy Davis)
11. “But It Ain’t” (Randall King, Jared Mullins & Ben Stennis)
12. “Coulda Been Love” (Jake Worthington, Kim Penz & Roger Springer)
13. “Damn You Look Good” (Ava Suppelsa, Aby Gutierrez & Andrew Peebles)
14. “Hard To Be Humble” (Ben Hayslip, Corey Crowder & Chris LaCorte)
15. “Right Things Right” (Trannie Anderson, Chris Dubois & Jordan Walker)
16. “As Far As We Go” (Brett Sheroky & Drew Kennedy)
17. “I Could Be That Rain” (Brian Fuller & Mason Thornley)
18. “I Don’t Whiskey Anymore” (Randall King & Gordie Sampson)
- CMA Songwriters Series & Spotlight Stage To Return To C2C Festival In March - December 1, 2023
- Kenny Chesney Adds Three Soccer Stadiums To ‘Sun Goes Down 2024 Tour’ - December 1, 2023
- Crowd Surf Accepting Applications For New Music Apprenticeship Program - December 1, 2023