Craig Morgan gets by with a little help from his friends on his latest EP, Enlisted, due out Oct. 20 on Broken Bow Records.
Luke Combs, Jelly Roll, Blake Shelton, Lainey Wilson, Trace Adkins and Gary LeVox all lend a hand on some new versions of some of Morgan’s biggest hits, as well as two brand-new songs on the six-song project.
The EP opens with a brand new track, the working-class anthem “Raise The Bar,” which Morgan sings with friend and neighbor, Combs. Bookending the project is “That Ain’t Gonna Be Me” with Adkins, a song that spells out the importance Morgan places on his convictions.
Among the newly reimagined tracks on the collection is the classic “Almost Home” which features Jelly Roll, who spoke earlier this year about how the song impacted his life during his incarceration and inspired him as an artist. The pair gave an emotional performance of the song live on the Grand Ole Opry stage together last year and made a surprise appearance during Morgan’s sold-out concert stop at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium.
Wilson also lends her vocals on a reimagined take on “International Harvester,” while Shelton joins in the fun on a new version of “Redneck Yacht Club,” after making a cameo in the original song’s music video back in 2005.
“Making this record has been so much fun because I got to get in the studio with some of my friends and also re-create some of my catalog in a way that feels like brand-new music,” shares Morgan.
Last week, Morgan kicked off his “God, Family, Country Tour 2023,” in partnership with Operation Finally Home. Morgan and special guests The Reeves Brothers will play 13 theater and auditorium dates through the end of October.
Craig Morgan’s Enlisted Official Track Listing:
1. “Raise The Bar” featuring Luke Combs (Craig Morgan, Billy Dean)
2. “Almost Home” featuring Jelly Roll (Craig Morgan, Kerry Kurt Phillips)
3. “Redneck Yacht Club” featuring Blake Shelton (Thom Shepherd, Steven J. Williams)
4. “That’s What I Love About Sunday” featuring Gary LeVox (Mark Narmore, Tommy Dorsey)
5. “International Harvester” featuring Lainey Wilson (Danny Myrick, Jeffrey Steele, Shane Minor)
6. “That Ain’t Gonna Be Me” featuring Trace Adkins (Craig Morgan, Wade Kirby, Trent Willmon, Phil O’Donnell)
Produced by Craig Morgan and Phil O’Donnell
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Eras Tour’ First To Exceed $1 Billion, Crowns Pollstar’s Year-End Top Tours List - December 8, 2023
- CRB Names Inaugural Futuri Digital Pioneer Scholarship Recipient - December 8, 2023
- George Strait Announces Christmas Sweepstakes To Benefit Jenifer Strait Memorial Foundation - December 7, 2023