Jim Lauderdale and The Po’ Ramblin’ Boys are set to release The Long And Lonesome Letting Go, a new 12-song bluegrass LP on Sept. 15.
The project includes all-new Lauderdale co-writes, with half of the tracks penned with the band’s guitarist Josh Rinkel. Other co-writers contributing to the collection include Becky Buller, Joe Newberry, Jimmy Ritchey, Logan Ledger and Alex Leach.
Lauderdale and The Po Ramblin’ Boys have shared the album’s lead-off track, “Long And Lonesome Letting Go,” a co-write with multi-instrumentalist, Bob Minner. Also joining the already-stacked lineup is Bluegrass Hall of Famer Del McCoury.
“I felt like that song ought to kick off the record, and somebody in Po’ Ramblin’ Boys said, ‘You know, Del would sound great on this,'” says Lauderdale. “Of course! So we reached out and luckily he was available. It didn’t feel right to just have him on the chorus, so he and I switch off a few lines in the verses. I’d never gotten to record with Del before, so that was a real treat.”
Lauderdale and The Po’ Ramblin’ Boys will head to this year’s IBMA World Of Bluegrass conference in Raleigh, North Carolina in late September, performing The Long And Lonesome Letting Go tunes as well as separate sets of their own original songs.
The Long And Lonesome Letting Go Track Listing:
1. “Long And Lonesome Letting Go”
2. “She’s On A Different Train”
3. “I’m Only So Good At Being Good”
4. “You Fell Off The Face Of The Earth”
5. “Last Resort”
6. “Ghost Of A Rose”
7. “Darkness Is The Other Side of Light”
8. “If I Could Only Get My Heart To See”
9. “That Was When We Were Together”
10. “A Better Place”
11. “She’s The Light”
12. “Drop The Hammer Down”
- Frank Ray Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month With New Spanish EP - September 22, 2023
- Dalton Dover Delivers New Project, ‘Never Giving Up On That’ - September 22, 2023
- Kane Brown Releases Phil Collins-Inspired Track ‘I Can Feel It’ - September 22, 2023