A new Willie Nelson studio album Bluegrass is slated for release on Sept. 15.
The project features Nelson performing 12 of his favorite self-penned classics with a bluegrass ensemble, and the first track from the album, “You Left Me a Long, Long Time Ago,” was released yesterday (June 22).
His 151st album, according to Texas Monthly’s interactive All Willie Nelson Albums Ranked list, Bluegrass presents classic Nelson compositions including “On the Road Again,” “Yesterday’s Wine,” “Still is Still Moving to Me,” “Good Hearted Woman” and more, re-interpreted by Nelson and his bluegrass band.
Produced by longtime musical collaborator Buddy Cannon, Bluegrass features musicians including Barry Bales (upright bass), Ron Block (banjo), Aubrey Haynie (fiddle), Rob Ickes (dobro), Josh Martin (acoustic guitar), Mickey Raphael (harmonica), Seth Taylor (mandolin), Bobby Terry (acoustic guitar, gut string guitar), Dan Tyminski (mandolin); and backing vocals by Wyatt Beard, Buddy Cannon and Melonie Cannon.
The album’s cover art was done by Micah Nelson—Willie’s son, a multimedia artist and musician—whose previous artwork for Willie includes the albums I Don’t Know a Thing About Love and First Rose of Spring, as well as 2013’s autobiographical New York Times bestseller Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die: Musings from the Road.
Bluegrass Track Listing:
1. No Love Around
2. Somebody Pick Up My Pieces
3. Good Hearted Woman (cowritten with Waylon Jennings)
4. Sad Songs And Waltzes
5. Home Motel
6. You Left Me A Long, Long Time Ago
7. Yesterday’s Wine
8. Bloody Mary Morning
9. Slow Down Old World
10. Still Is Still Moving To Me
11. On The Road Again
12. Man With The Blues
- Neil Medley Shares His Stories On Debut Project, ‘South End Kid’ - September 29, 2023
- Morgan Wallen Adds Multiple Nights In Several Markets For 2024 Tour - September 29, 2023
- Brittney Spencer Slates Debut Album ‘My Stupid Life’ For January - September 29, 2023