Kimberly Perry is revisiting one of her biggest hits as part of The Band Perry with “If I Die Young Pt. 2,” the sequel to the seven-time Platinum “If I Die Young.” The new single is set for release this Friday, May 5, and will be part of Perry’s upcoming album Bloom, out June 9 on Records/Columbia Nashville.
Perry returns to her songwriting roots on the record, which builds on the original storytelling with new verses and a nostalgic sound. “I felt like the story wasn’t finished,” admits Perry. “There needed to be a sequel that talked about where my head is these days now that I’ve experienced so much life–I’m having a baby, I’m married, I’ve moved to Nashville; I’ve seen all of these dreams come true since writing the original version.”
Produced by Jimmy Robbins, Bloom paints the picture of a woman who has experienced all of life’s highs and lows and has finally found her own voice. Perry co-penned the entire record herself with writers including Robbins, Nicolle Galyon, Jesse Frasure, Sasha Sloan, Casey Brown and Parker Welling.
While gearing up for the new album, Perry is set to make her solo artist debut at the Grand Ole Opry this weekend on Saturday, May 6.
Bloom Track Listing:
1. “If I Die Young Pt. 2” (Kimberly Perry, Nicolle Galyon, Jimmy Robbins)
2. “Burn The House Down” (Kimberly Perry, Jimmy Robbins, Sasha Sloan)
3. “Cry At Your Funeral” (Kimberly Perry, Jesse Frasure)
4. “Ghosts” (Kimberly Perry, Nicolle Galyon, Jimmy Robbins)
5. “Smoke ‘Em Too” (Kimberly Perry, Casey Brown, Parker Welling)
- Mediabase Reveals 2023 Year-End Chart Stats, Big Loud Lands In First Place - December 8, 2023
- Cooper Alan Among The Pandora Ten: Artists To Watch In 2024 - December 8, 2023
- Kidd G Drops Memory-Packed New EP ‘If We Were A Love Song’ - December 8, 2023