Alana Springsteen has slated Twenty Something: Figuring It Out, the honest second portion of her three-part debut album, for July 14. An up-close look at her journey toward the empowerment of true self-discovery, Figuring It Out features tell-all title track, “Twenty Something,” out now.
This new six-track chapter follows Twenty Something: Messing It Up, through which the 22-year-old opens up about all the mistakes and misadventures of early adulthood.
Now with the songs of Twenty Something: Figuring It Out, all of which she co-penned, Springsteen shines a light on the steps she’s taken to shake off her insecurities, lean into life’s endless contradictions and learn what she truly needs to be happy and healthy.
“Figuring It Out explores a lot of the work I’ve been doing on myself over the past few years – I really call myself out in these songs,” shares Springsteen. “Finding my true self has meant giving up on seeing things in black-and-white and getting comfortable with the gray. What does it mean to live with integrity? To have a strong moral compass? Defining these concepts for myself has been a process, but one that’s given me the beginnings of a blueprint to help me live life on my own terms. The journey of writing, recording and singing these songs live has helped me do that. Through them, I’ve gotten to know myself and so many people who are in various stages of doing the same work. Also, there’s a really unique collaboration on this project with a song called ‘Ghost in My Guitar’ that I’m insanely excited about and proud of. It still feels a little surreal. I can’t wait to tell that story.”
The second installment exemplifies the dynamic “Twenty Something” brings of both diary-like detail and whip-smart humor to an intimate account of the emotional roller coaster of life in your 20s. Co-written by Springteen, Liz Rose, AJ Pruis and Trannie Anderson, the track—sparked by a voice memo Springsteen recorded alone on piano—finds the singer-songwriter owning up to minor bad habits like letting her car run on fumes to more deep-rooted problems like imposter syndrome, ultimately speaking to the power and peace of mind that comes with fully embracing your imperfections.
“Liz looked at me and asked, ‘If there was one song that you could play for people that could tell them exactly where you are in your life right now, what would it be?’ [and] ‘Twenty Something’ was the only answer,” recalls Springsteen.
Additionally, the Columbia Records NY/Sony Music Nashville artist will continue her run on Adam Doleac‘s “Barstool Whiskey Wonderland” and serve as support for Luke Bryan during his “Country On Tour” this summer.
Twenty Something: Figuring It Out Track Listing:
* Produced by Chris LaCorte and Alana Springsteen
+ Produced by Paul DiGiovanni and Alana Springsteen
^ Produced by Will Weatherly and Alana Springsteen
# Produced by Pete Good and Alana Springsteen
** Produced by Ido Zmishlany and Alana Springsteen
1. “Twenty Something” (Alana Springsteen, Liz Rose, AJ Pruis, Trannie Anderson)*
2. “Chameleon” (Alana Springsteen, Sasha Alex Sloan, King Henry)+
3. “Here’s To All My Exes” (Alana Springsteen, Will Weatherly, Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins)^
4. “Hypocrite” (Alana Springsteen, Mitchell Tenpenny, Will Weatherly, Ryan Beaver)*
5. “When We Were Friends” (Alana Springsteen, Sasha Alex Sloan, Pete Good)#
6. “Ghost In My Guitar” (Alana Springsteen, Ido Zmishlany, Delacey, Sarah Solovay)**
- Whiskey Myers To Kick Off New Tour In 2024 - December 1, 2023
- In Pictures: Ernest Sells Out Back-To-Back ‘This Fire Tour’ Stops At The Ryman - December 1, 2023
- ONErpm Launches Two New Entities, Bringing Company Total To Five - November 30, 2023