Joy Oladokun Announces New Album, ‘Proof of Life,’ Due Out This Spring
Nashville singer-songwriter Joy Oladokun is set to release her new album Proof of Life on April 28 via Amigo Records/Verve Forecast/Republic Records. To celebrate, she released a new song from the project, “Changes,” as well as the official music video.
Oladokun produced the project with Mike Elizondo, Ian Fitchuk, Dan Wilson, and Alysa Vanderheym. Proof of Life is a thirteen-track album that simply encapsulates the human experience. This project features Oladokun’s new single “Changes” and previously released tracks “Keeping The Light On” and “Sweet Symphony,” as well as a duet with Chris Stapleton. Collaborations with Manchester Orchestra, Mt. Joy, Maxo Kream, and Noah Kahan are also included, and deluxe editions on CD and vinyl will have three additional tracks.
“This album is evidence of how I live,” Oladokun says. “I hope these are helpful anthems. I started making music because I wasn’t hearing from the ‘everyday human being’ on the radio. I hope this resonates with anybody who feels normal and needs a little musical boost to get through the day. I’m average. I do this job because I love what I do. I put so much care, craft, and intention into it. I’m making music to live to.”
Oladokun is set to headline Nashville’s Brooklyn Bowl on May 12 and support John Mayer and Noah Kahan on their respective tours this year.
Proof of Life Track Listing
1. Keeping The Light On
3. Taking Things for Granted
4. Somebody Like Me
5. Friends feat. Mt. Joy
6. You At The Table feat. Manchester Orchestra
7. Sweet Symphony feat. Chris Stapleton
10. Revolution feat. Maxo Kream
11. The Hard Way
12. We’re All Gonna Die feat. Noah Kahan
- Joy Oladokun Announces New Album, ‘Proof of Life,’ Due Out This Spring - February 20, 2023
- Little Big Town, Caitlyn Smith & The Cadillac Three Join ‘Rock The Ryman’ Lineup - February 16, 2023
- Live Nation Announces New Country Music Festival In Virginia Beach - February 15, 2023