Stoney Creek Records artist Drake Milligan is gearing up for the release of his new full-length, debut album Dallas/Fort Worth, out Sept. 15.
Named after the young Texan’s hometown, the album features 14 tracks produced by Tony Brown and songwriter/producer Brandon Hood, and includes honky-tonk hooks, Western swing two-steppers, country pop ballads and more. Writers contributing to the project include Phil O’Donnell, Brice Long, J.T. Harding, Bob DiPiero, Liz Rose, and more.
“As a lifelong country music fan, it has been my dream make a full-length record that pays homage to traditional country roots, while still bringing new sounds and energy to the genre,” shares Milligan. “As a native son of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I’ve always been intrigued by the difference between the two cities.”
He continues, “First there’s Dallas: a city determined to prove that everything really is bigger in Texas. Then, just 30 miles to the west, there’s Fort Worth: a city that holds true to its stockyard roots with a taut rope around its cowboy brand. My goal was to bring those same distinctions to the two parts of this album. On Dallas, the songs have a little more polish on their boots. On Fort Worth, there are nods to those traditional Honky-Tonkin’, Western swingin’, cowboy culture roots that I’m based in.”
The full-length debut follows his Tony Brown/Brandon Hood-produced 2021 self-titled EP, which landed at No. 1 on the iTunes Country Album chart, and also featured the No. 1 iTunes Country Single “Sounds Like Something I’d Do,” which spawned a video that topped the iTunes Video chart.
In June, Milligan appeared on America’s Got Talent, performing “Sounds Like Something I’d Do” to a standing ovation from the judges. He’ll return to the show for a live semi-final performance tonight (Aug. 9). Milligan will also return to the road with new headlining shows and festival dates during September and October.
1. “Sounds Like Something I’d Do” (Drake Milligan/Brett Beavers/Terry McBride)
2. “Kiss Goodbye All Night” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/ Josh Jenkins/Phil O’Donnell)
3. “Hating Everything She Tries On” (Drake Milligan/Brent Anderson/Lynn Hutton)
4. “She” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/John Pierce)
5. “Bad Day To Be A Beer” (Drake Milligan/Marv Green/JT Harding)
6. “Hearts Don’t Break Even” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Liz Rose)
7. “Dance Of A Lifetime” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Phil O’Donnell)
1. “Over Drinkin’ Under Thinkin’” (Drake Milligan/Brice Long/Brett Beavers)
2. “Tipping Point” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Terry McBride/Josh London)
3. “Don’t Look Down” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/John Pierce)
4. “Goin’ Down Swingin’” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Phil O’Donnell
6. “Long Haul” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Bob DiPiero)
7. “Cowboy Kind Of Way” (Drake Milligan/Brandon Hood/Terry McBride)
- CRS360 August Webinar To Offer Sneak Peek At CRS 2023 - August 18, 2022
- Lisa Mastrianni Named Wheelhouse Records Director Midwest/Southeast Promotion - August 18, 2022
- Garth Brooks To Open Expanded Thunder Ridge Nature Arena At Bass Pro Shops In The Ozarks - August 18, 2022