Brooke Eden is previewing a bit of her new EP Choosing You, out July 29 via BBR Music Group/BMG, with a brand-new track, “Left You For Me,” out now.
Of “Left You For Me,” Eden says, “Sometimes there’s shame in staying in relationships for too long. I wanted to write a song that celebrates leaving whatever toxic situation you might’ve been in so you can be the best version of you.”
The five-track EP follows Eden’s 2021 trilogy of releases, and is a personal statement of love, self-acceptance, and resilience. Co-written by Eden and produced by longtime collaborator Jesse Frasure, the collection is an account of Eden’s journey to back to herself.
One question–“What makes you happy?”–spawned writing sessions that were therapeutic for the singer-songwriter. In those sessions, Eden wrote about healing, learning, love, loss, happiness, and the threads that tie them all together. On Choosing You, she’s joined by collaborators Steph Jones, Jon Stone, Sarah Buxton, and Brandon Day.
Eden is prepping for a busy month, as she’s performing at the Grand Ole Opry tonight (June 3), her first appearance at the venue since her duet with Trisha Yearwood. On June 11, she’ll appear on the Maui Jim Stage at CMA Fest.
2. “Left You For Me” (Brooke Eden, Kyle Schlienger, Jon Stone)
3. “Comeback Love” (Brooke Eden, Jesse Frasure, Sarah Buxton)
4. “Heartless” (Brooke Eden, Connie Harrington, Lindsay Rimes)
5. “Off The Ground” (Brooke Eden, Cary Barlowe, Jesse Frasure, Brandon Day, Alysa Vanderheym)
- Dustin Lynch To Kick Off His ‘Killed The Cowboy Tour’ In April - September 22, 2023
- Bill Anderson Named First Recipient Of Dr. David Godbold Lifetime Achievement Award - September 22, 2023
- Megan Moroney Drops Deluxe Edition Of Debut Album ‘Lucky’ - September 22, 2023