Tennessee Songwriters Week has kicked off with more than 35 qualifying rounds at venues across the state. Up-and-coming songwriters will take to the stage in hopes of advancing their budding careers, and winners from qualifying rounds will advance to one of six showcases at:
- Puckett’s Franklin in Franklin – Sunday, Feb. 20
- The Bijou Theatre in Knoxville – Monday, Feb. 21
- Songbirds Foundation in Chattanooga – Monday, Feb. 21
- The Down Home in Johnson City – Tuesday, Feb. 22
- Lafayette’s Music Room in Memphis – Tuesday, Feb. 22
- Ole Red in Gatlinburg – Wednesday, Feb. 23
One finalist from each of the showcases will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to perform at the legendary Bluebird Cafe during a private event with music industry professionals in March. Additional prizes include a one-year membership to NSAI, a branded commemorative Taylor guitar, a two-night hotel stay in Nashville, and a $100 gift card.
“Tennessee Songwriters Week not only celebrates the foundation of the craft, it also lifts and presents talented songwriters from all parts of the state who are building their careers,” says Mark Ezell, Commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development. “We’re also thrilled to support music venues and inspire travelers to experience our state’s rich music stories at museums, attractions and festivals.”
In addition to qualifying rounds and showcases, there are special events happening across the state, including a Songwriter Workshop with songwriter T.W. Hale at the Commodore Hotel & Music Café in Linden, a Farragut Songwriters Showcase featuring local singer-songwriters, and South Main Sounds Songwriter Night in Memphis.
For more information on Tennessee Songwriters Week, click here.
- Cody Johnson To Kick Off The New Year With ‘The Leather Tour’ - September 25, 2023
- Bailey Zimmerman Earns 3rd Consecutive Chart-Topper - September 25, 2023
- Tim McGraw Adds New Dates For 2024’s ‘Standing Room Only Tour’ - September 25, 2023