Tenille Arts has released her third full-length album, Girl to Girl, available everywhere now on 19th & Grand Records. “Back Then, Right Now,” the album’s debut single, is currently rising up the country charts and is already approaching Top 30 in Arts’ home country of Canada. The track is currently at No. 29 on the MusicRow CountryBreakout Radio Chart.
Arts co-wrote all 13 tracks on Girl to Girl with Ray Fulcher, Alex Kline, MacKenzie Porter, Brandon Ratcliff, Matt Stell, Ben Stennis, Allison Veltz-Cruz, Parker Welling, and more. The 2021 MusicRow Breakthrough Artist of the Year is also joined by Callista Clark and Matt Stell on “Breakup Songs” and “Over You Is You,” respectively, and AJ Babcock, Nathan Chapman, Kline, and Dave Pittenger share production credits on the project.
“These 13 songs were written as letters to my current and younger self,” Arts shares. “They are songs I wish I had when I was 15 and 16 years old. I wanted to write these like a big sister and share my experiences in hopes that people would feel less alone. Whether you’re 15 years old, my age, or older, I want you to feel seen. I want you to dance to these songs, cry to them, and feel all the feels!”
Girl to Girl follows Arts’ Love, Heartbreak, & Everything in Between album, which yielded her first No. 1 single “Somebody Like That.” The song made history as the first song written, produced and performed by all females to hit No. 1 on the country charts. Tenille was also the first Canadian artist to reach No. 1 in the U.S. since 2007 and first Canadian female to hit No. 1 since Terri Clark in 2004.
2021 kicked off strong for Tenille, who was voted as one of the CRS New Faces of Country Music and was inducted into the CMT Next Women of Country Class of 2021. In February, she received her first award show nomination for the ACM New Female Artist of the Year, and she is also nominated for Amazon Music and Alexa Fans’ Choice and Female Artist of the Year awards at next month’s CCMA Awards in London, Ontario, Canada.
Arts will be performing at the Grand Ole Opry on Saturday, Oct. 23 and at her Girl to Girl release party at 3rd & Lindsley in Nashville on Tuesday, Oct. 26.
Girl to Girl Track List:
1. Back Then, Right Now (Tenille Arts, Dave Pittenger, MacKenzie Porter, Parker Welling) Produced by: Dave Pittenger
2. That’s My Friend You’re Talkin’ About (Tenille Arts, Allison Veltz-Cruz, Alex Kline) Produced by: Alex Kline
3. One Bedroom Apartment (Tenille Arts, Alex Kline, Palmer Lee) Produced by: Alex Kline
4. Breakup Songs (feat. Callista Clark) (Tenille Arts, Jason Massey, Nick Wayne) Produced by: Nathan Chapman
5. Life Goes Like That (Tenille Arts, Allison Veltz-Cruz, Alex Kline) Produced by: Alex Kline
6. Girl to Girl (Tenille Arts, Ben Goldsmith, Trannie Anderson) Produced by: Nathan Chapman
7. Heartbreak Regulars (Tenille Arts, Holden James, Palmer Lee) Produced by: Alex Kline
8. Mama’s Boy (Tenille Arts, Alex Kline, Dave Pittenger, Allison Veltz-Cruz) Produced by: Alex Kline & Dave Pittenger
9. Over You is You (feat. Matt Stell) (Tenille Arts, Alex Kline, Matt Stell, Ben Stennis) Produced by: Alex Kline
10. Give It to Me Straight (Tenille Arts, Dave Pittenger, Allison Veltz-Cruz) Produced by: Dave Pittenger
11. High School Sweetheart (Tenille Arts, AJ Babcock, Brandon Ratcliff) Produced by: AJ Babcock
12. Sweet Sixteen (Tenille Arts, Alex Kline, Allison Veltz-Cruz) Produced by: Alex Kline
13. Growing Old Young (Tenille Arts, Ray Fulcher, Shane Sniteman) Produced by: Nathan Chapman
- Bob Squance & Michael Thomas Partner With CTM To Launch Withrow Street Music - December 5, 2023
- Jelly Roll & Lainey Wilson’s ‘Save Me’ Tops The Country Charts - December 5, 2023
- Gunnar Latham Signs With Bob Doyle & Associates - December 5, 2023