Country duo Muscadine Bloodline are back on the scene with news of their upcoming album, Dispatch to 16th Ave., out on Feb. 4.
Comprised of Charlie Muncaster and Gary Stanton, the two grew up in Mobile, Alabama, beginning their friendship in 2012. The pair officially became Muscadine Bloodline in 2015 and have since had two charting EPs, sold out shows across the country, and made their Grand Ole Opry debut in September of 2018.
Dispatch to 16th Ave. aims to serve as an ode to the many artists that came before Muscadine Bloodline, while also focusing more on country music and less on following commercial trends.
As a preview for the forthcoming independent project, the pair have released the record’s title track today (Oct. 8). Reminiscent of George Strait’s 2003 hit “Murder On Music Row,” the song highlights some of the hardships of an artist forging their way through Nashville’s music industry.
“We’ve been in Nashville for 7 years and just kept thinking about our story, and how so many artists come and go in Nashville chasing that dream that you just sometimes can’t catch,” Muscadine Bloodline shares with MusicRow.
“We’ve been searching for who we are as artists for a long time and now we finally feel like we’ve found what we want to say and what we want to sound like,” the guys admit. “This is just another chapter that’s being written and we just happen to feel incredibly strong about this one.
“Struggling through anything in life shapes you creatively. Hardships build character and they definitely give you more to write about.” They sum, “We hope this song inspires all young artists to dare to be different.”
Also on tap, the pair will be hosting the final outdoor Whiskey Jam show of the year on Monday, Oct. 11. Bringing their set to the Losers Bar & Grill parking lot in Nashville, they will be joined by Drake White, Ray Fulcher, Hannah Dasher, Adam Hood, Jason Nix and DJ JD.
“We really took our time planning for this Whiskey Jam,” the duo explains. “We wanted to include our friends but definitely wanted it to be artists that can relate to our story and have shared experiences in the industry.”
Dispatch to 16th Ave. Track List:
1. Dispatch to 16th Ave. (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton)
2. My Side of Town (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton, Tyler Chambers)
3. Dead on Arrival (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton, Adam Hood, Brent Cobb)
4. Hung Up on You (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton, Casey Beathard)
5. Southern (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton, Adam Hood)
6. The Toll (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton, Tyler Halverson)
7. Dyin’ For A Livin’ (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton, Jordan Fletcher)
8. No, Pedal Steel (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton, Adam Hood, Brent Cobb)
9. Down in Alabama (Charlie Muncaster, Gary Stanton, Adam Hood, Brent Cobb)
- Nate Smith Nabs First Chart-Topper With Debut Single, ‘Whiskey On You’ - January 30, 2023
- Ross Copperman Makes His Way Into The Top Five On MusicRow Top Songwriter Chart - January 30, 2023
- Weekly Register: Hardy Makes Massive Debuts On Country Albums & Songs Charts - January 30, 2023