October is Country Music Month for Amazon Music. All month long Amazon Music will deliver new songs, livestream events, and more.
The digital platform also revealed some interesting data regarding country music on Amazon Music. Since the launch of the original Country Heat station in October 2016—formerly known as Top Country—the overall Country Heat brand (playlist and stations) have amassed more than 13 billion streams total in the U.S. Additionally, new data from Amazon Music details that:
- Carly Pearce, Niko Moon, Gabby Barrett, and Tenille Arts are among the 20 most streamed artists on Country Heat in the U.S. so far this year.
- Barrett and Moon have the top two most streamed songs on the Amazon Music country chart in 2021 with “The Good Ones” and “Good Time,” respectively.
- Mickey Guyton’s Amazon Original cover of Beyoncé’s “If I Were a Boy” has remained one of the ten most streamed country Originals of all time on Amazon Music since it was released in February.
- In 2020, Breland was a top-performing artist with his debut single, “My Truck,” through Amazon Music’s Launchpad program, which promotes emerging artists via programming and increased visibility across the service. Currently, Breland’s “Throw It Back (feat. Keith Urban)” is one of the most popular tracks on the Country Heat playlist this year.
- Meanwhile, superstars such as Luke Combs, Garth Brooks, Miranda Lambert, Kane Brown, and more continue to top the Amazon Music charts as some of the most streamed country artists across the service.
“For us, every month could be Country Music Month, but today gives us a new opportunity to celebrate the best in the genre with so much new programming, and by giving our country music listeners even more reasons to celebrate,” says Emily Cohen, principal country music curator at Amazon Music. “We’re also celebrating 13 billion streams of our playlists and stations within the Country Heat brand… We’re thrilled to know that it’s not only fans streaming the major stars coming out of Nashville. New artists on the rise, like Niko Moon and Gabby Barrett, have been skyrocketing to the top of our charts across the past year, and it’s been so exciting to come up with new ways to introduce them, and their peers, to new audiences around the world.”
To kick off the celebrations for Country Music Month, Walker Hayes and regional Mexican icon Carin Leon’s released their reimagined version of “Fancy Like (Carin Leon Remix – Amazon Original)” last week. The new remix leads the new Whiskey & Tequila playlist—which connects regional Mexican and country music. The original version has become a smash hit, and has been one of the three most requested songs via Alexa over the last three months on Amazon Music.
On Oct. 8, Carly Pearce and Ashley McBryde will release an acoustic version of “Never Wanted to Be That Girl,” followed by a new track from Kolby Cooper, “Storm’s Coming,” on Oct. 15. The final Amazon Original for the month will be from Ryan Hurd and will premiere on Oct. 29.
Throughout the month, the Amazon Music Twitch channel will feature live country music programming, including Group Thread, Amazon Music’s weekly live panel discussion on Fridays at 4 p.m. CT. On Oct. 5, fans can watch the new Breakthrough Country Live event to celebrate developing artists including Reyna Roberts, Sophia Scott, and Ryan Garrett.
“I’m so grateful for everyone at Amazon Music championing rising artists like myself,” Roberts shares. “They are continuously evolving and exceeding expectations; creating new opportunities for country artists to reach more fans through Amazon. I’m so excited about Breakthrough Country Live and for what’s to come! We are already doing incredible things together.”
- Nate Smith Nabs First Chart-Topper With Debut Single, ‘Whiskey On You’ - January 30, 2023
- Ross Copperman Makes His Way Into The Top Five On MusicRow Top Songwriter Chart - January 30, 2023
- Weekly Register: Hardy Makes Massive Debuts On Country Albums & Songs Charts - January 30, 2023