2x Grammy award-winner and revered songwriter Natalie Hemby will deliver her Fantasy Records debut album, Pins and Needles, on Oct. 8. The title track, co-written by Hemby with Brothers Osborne, is available everywhere now.
“‘Pins and Needles’ was the first song I ever wrote with Brothers Osborne,” says Hemby. “I have always loved this song, and I have always loved them. They almost put it on their record. Years after, I asked them if I could have it. They said yes, so I decided to record it and make it the title track. It’s one of my favorites.”
As the writer of eight No. 1 singles, Hemby uses the upcoming album to explore a full range of her musical gifts, spanning influences from Tom Petty to Sheryl Crow and the early ’90s rock and roots she was raised on. Across the 11-track collection, Hemby delivers unconventional lyrics along with turn of phrase, ear-worm anthems along with heart-rending ballads and everything in between.
“Pins and Needles is the record I never got the chance to make and I always wanted to,” she adds. “It’s the late 90’s sound, which is the sound of my young adult life.”
The album also features co-writes with fellow artists Miranda Lambert, Maren Morris, Brothers Osborne, Aaron Raitiere and more, as well as songwriting heavy-hitters like Daniel Tashian, Barry Dean, and others.
Pins and Needles Track List:
1. Heroes (Natalie Hemby, Jeff Trot, Aaron Raitiere)
2. New Madrid (Natalie Hemby, Rose Cousins)
3. Pins and Needles (Natalie Hemby, TJ Osborne, John Osborne)
4. Lake Air (Natalie Hemby, Jedd Hughes, KS Rhodes)
5. Hardest Part About Business (Natalie Hemby, Sunny Sweeney, Joanna Janet)
6. Banshee (Natalie Hemby, Miranda Lambert)
7. Radio Silence (Natalie Hemby, Rosi Golan, Daniel Tashian)
8. Heart Condition (Natalie Hemby, Maren Morris)
9. Pinwheel (Natalie Hemby, Barry Dean, Madison Kozak)
10. It Takes One To Know One (Natalie Hemby, Miranda Lambert, Kelly Archer)
11. Last Resort (Natalie Hemby, Jabe Beyer)
Produced by Mike Wrucke