Logan Mize has announced his upcoming album, Welcome to Prairieville, is due out Oct. 1. He’s offering up the first taste of the project today (July 30) with “George Strait Songs,” a track that pays homage to his roots, highlighting all the best aspects of Middle America that made him who he is.
The album not only celebrates Mize’s rural upbringing, but also showcases his storytelling abilities that have shaped his career. Mize spent nearly a decade developing the concept behind the new album, and co-wrote all but one song on the project.
“My buddy Blake Chaffin and I have been writing together for several years. Early on in our careers, we came up with this concept where we’d basically write songs about an imaginary place that we came to know as ‘Prairieville’,” Mize explains. “Growing up in middle-of-nowhere towns, we took all the characters we’ve encountered over the years, stories that stood out to us and just our life experiences overall, and from there, we painted our own versions into this tiny town. When it’s all said and done, it isn’t exactly a place you can pinpoint on a map, but I like to think it’s a representation of all the one-stoplight towns across the nation. At the very least, we’ve all driven through a Prairieville.”
2. Welcome To Prairieville (Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize)
3. River Road (Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize, Tyler Johnson)
4. Wine at the Church, Beer at the Bar (Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize, Jason Blaine)
5. Follow Your Heart (Lynn Hutton, Logan Mize)
6. I Need Mike (Blake Chaffin)
7. If You Get Lucky (Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize, Daniel Agee)
8. Tell the Truth (Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize)
9. We Ain’t Broke (Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize)
10. I Still Miss You (Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize, Jill Martin)
11. It’s About Time (Logan Mize)
- Endurance Music Group Announces Promotion, Staff Addition - February 1, 2023
- Russell Sutton, Tommy Karlas Ink With Sony Music Publishing & Droptine - February 1, 2023
- BMI Promotes LuAnn Davidson & Nina Carter - February 1, 2023