After spending the last year rediscovering their sound and vision, multi-Platinum band Lady A will release their upcoming album, What A Song Can Do (Chapter One) via BMLG Records on June 25.
“There’s an interdependence that we have with each other, and music is at the center of that to me,” says Hillary Scott, one third of Lady A. “We are all living in the now together… we’re all a work in progress, and that is what we wanted to share with these songs on the first chapter.”
Produced by Dann Huff, each track on the seven-song project is penned by at least one member of the award-winning trio. Rather than being dedicated to the struggles of 2020, this new effort was born alongside them and adds a layer of depth to Lady A’s catalog.
The album’s title-track opens the trio’s hearts to a fresh start, while songs like “Talk of This Town” and “Fire” use third degree romantic burns as a metaphor for adversity. “Worship What I Hate” takes a look at who we become if we’re not paying attention and “Chance of Rain” reminds us not to play it safe in matters of life and love. The gentle “Things He Handed Down” dusts off some handed-down wisdom, questioning how it’s put to use.
What A Song Can Do (Chapter One) Track List:
1. Talk of This Town – Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Nicolle Galyon, Jordan Reynolds
2. What A Song Can Do – Charles Kelley, Sam Ellis, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz
3. Like A Lady – Hillary Scott, Dave Barnes, Michelle Buzz, Martin Johnson, Brandon Paddock
4. Things He Handed Down – Charles Kelley, Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Jesse Frasure
5. Fire – Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Justin Ebach
6. Chance of Rain – Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Topher Brown, Justin Ebach
7. Worship What I Hate – Dave Haywood, Hillary Scott, Natalie Hemby, Amy Wadge