Rayne Johnson releases his debut, self-titled EP today via Mountain Road Records/VERGE. The nine-track project features Rayne’s current single, “Real Dang Good” which is currently making its way up the charts.
Between working a full-time job on the railroad and creating music, the Fairfield, Ohio, native has put in overtime to introduce fans to his first full-length project. He amplifies traditional country tales through soulful vocals bolstered by rock energy and a twist of R&B flavor, and his music has already generated over 43 million streams independently.
“I have always been fan of multi-genre music,” said Johnson. “I grew up listening to country radio above all else, but also really loved Boyz II Men. For me, it was all about the storytelling. My personal brand of country is upbeat and combines different sounds that have influenced me over my lifetime.”
The new EP features lead single “Front Seat,” written by Rhode Island singer/songwriter Joe Jordan, which propelled Rayne into the Top 40 on the Billboard Country Airplay and Mediabase Country Aircheck charts earlier this year as an independent artist before he signed with Mountain Road Records/VERGE. Rayne himself contributed to the writing process on “Bring it Back” with frequent collaborator Jordan and Nashville songwriter Walt Aldridge.
Rayne Johnson EP Track List:
- Bring It Back (Joe Jordan, Walt Aldridge, Rayne Johnson)
- Real Dang Good (Joe Jordan)
- Front Seat (Joe Jordan)
- Same Boat (Joe Jordan, Kyle Coulahan, Tommy Karlas)
- Laid Back (Joe Jordan, Brian Lovely, Jerry Lane)
- Last Name (Joe Jordan, Gary Baker, Greg Barnhill)
- A Little Goes A Long Way (Sam Sumser, Jimmie Allen, Quinn Lewis, Sean Small)
- Love ‘Em While You Can (Joe Jordan)
- Lips Like Liquor (Joe Jordan, Brian Lovely)
- Cody Johnson To Kick Off The New Year With ‘The Leather Tour’ - September 25, 2023
- Bailey Zimmerman Earns 3rd Consecutive Chart-Topper - September 25, 2023
- Tim McGraw Adds New Dates For 2024’s ‘Standing Room Only Tour’ - September 25, 2023