The Secret Sisters are releasing a special commentary version of their album, Saturn Return, on Sept. 18.
Recorded this past February at their last shows before the pandemic at the Seattle Symphony, the release will feature real-life sisters Laura and Lydia Rogers discussing each track on the album alongside Brandi Carlile.
Produced by Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth, the project was released earlier this year on New West Records. Recorded at Carlile’s home studio in Washington state, the album finds the duo with a new creative focus, singing individually for the first time instead of relying solely on their trademark harmonies, which Carlile challenged them to do.
Named after the astrological occurrence that takes place approximately every 29.5 years, the album heralds the arrival of a new era for the two following a period of extreme change and transformation during the making of the record. Grappling with the grief of losing both grandmothers, while both becoming first-time mothers, the sisters reflect on their world view, relationships and own mortality throughout the project.
SATURN RETURN (COMMENTARY VERSION) Track List:
1. Silver (commentary)
3. Late Bloomer (commentary)
4. Late Bloomer
5. Cabin (commentary)
7. Hand Over My Heart (commentary)
8. Hand Over My Heart
9. Fair (commentary)
11. Tin Can Angel (commentary)
12. Tin Can Angel
13. Nowhere, Baby (commentary)
14. Nowhere, Baby
15. Hold You Dear (commentary)
16. Hold You Dear
17. Water Witch (commentary)
18. Water Witch
19. Healer In The Sky (commentary)
20. Healer In The Sky
- Luke Bryan Wraps 14th Successful ‘Farm Tour’ - September 27, 2023
- Two More Willie Nelson Catalog Classics Get The Vinyl Treatment - September 27, 2023
- Josh Thompson Extends Publishing Deal With MV2 Entertainment - September 27, 2023