The Country Music Association has revealed the nominees for this year’s CMA International Awards, which honors executives and artists who have significantly contributed to the global growth and promotion of country music. These awards are voted on by international CMA members and will be presented starting in March as the CMA hosts international events in Germany, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
“CMA continues to be inspired by and grateful for the support of our international partners in expanding and evolving the country music genre globally,” says Sarah Trahern, CMA Chief Executive Officer. “We’re thrilled to honor the industry executives, broadcast partners and artists who have impacted the country music community outside of the United States as this year’s CMA International Awards nominees.”
2020 CMA INTERNATIONAL AWARDS – NOMINEES:
JO WALKER MEADOR INTERNATIONAL AWARD
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by an individual in advocating and supporting country music’s marketing development in territories outside the United States.
- John Esposito, Warner Music Nashville, United States
- Christina Sas, UMG International, Germany
- Brad Turcotte, Universal Music Group Nashville, United States
- Chris York, SJM Concerts, United Kingdom
This award recognizes outstanding achievements in the media as they relate to country music outside of the United States.
- Tiffany Astle, penelopePR, Canada
- Mathias Bridfelt, SVT, Sweden
- Claire Horton, Claire Horton PR, United Kingdom
- Baylen Leonard, United Kingdom
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by a United States-based artist who has demonstrated the most significant creative growth, development and promotion of the country music industry outside of the United States during the eligibility period.
- Dan + Shay
- Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus
- Kip Moore
- Maren Morris
- Keith Urban
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by a radio broadcaster or syndicated radio reporter outside the United States who has made important contributions for the development of country music in his/her country.
- Ben Earle, The Shires, United Kingdom
- Paul Ferguson, Cool 100.1 & 99.5 Hits FM, Canada
- Amanda Kingsland, Rogers Communications, Canada
This award recognizes outstanding achievements by a country music artist signed outside of the United States. The artist must have furthered the popularity of country music as well as brought attention to the country music format in their foreign based territory.
- Ilse DeLange, the Netherlands
- James Barker Band, Canada
- Jill Johnson, Sweden
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020