Vince Gill has revealed the track list for his upcoming Aug. 23 release, Okie, which features production by Gill and Justin Niebank.
One of the songs Gill highlights on the album is the track “When My Amy Prays,” which Gill penned about his wife and singer-songwriter Amy Grant.
“I believe that this song features one of the best vocals I’ve ever done,” commented Gill.
The album also features “Forever Changed,” a track Gill introduced at the 2018 Country Radio Seminar. The song, written from a female perspective, centers on a story of sexual assault. During that CRS performance, Gill offered his own #metoo story, recalling how a gym teacher had attempted to molest him when he was in middle school. His performance at the industry-only show earned Gill a standing ovation.
Gill wrote or co-wrote all 11 tracks on the new project, his first solo project since 2016’s Down To My Last Bad Habit and 2011’s Guitar Slinger. Gill is currently on tour in Europe with the Eagles. Other co-writers on the project include Leslie Satcher, Charlie Worsham and Dean Dillon.
Okie Track Listing:
1. I Don’t Want To Ride the Rails No More (Vince Gill)
2. The Price of Regret (Vince Gill)
3. Forever Changed (Vince Gill)
4. An Honest Man (Vince Gill)
5. What Choice Will You Make (Vince Gill / Leslie Satcher)
6. Black and White (Vince Gill / Charlie Worsham)
7. The Red Words (Vince Gill)
8. When My Amy Prays (Vince Gill)
9. A Letter To My Mama (Vince Gill / Dean Dillon)
10. Nothin’ Like A Guy Clark Song (Vince Gill)
11. That Old Man of Mine (Vince Gill)
12. A World Without Haggard (Vince Gill)
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020