American Airlines customers will now have access to Apple Music to stream more than 50 million songs, playlists, and music videos on any domestic flight equipped with Viasat satellite Wi-Fi beginning this Friday. American is the first commercial airline to provide exclusive access to Apple Music through complimentary in-flight Wi-Fi.
To enjoy Apple Music during flight, customers on Viasat-equipped aircraft can connect to Wi-Fi at no cost and log in with their Apple Music subscription. Customers who don’t already have an Apple Music subscription will also be able to connect to Wi-Fi at no cost, sign-up onboard, and receive free access for three months. Apple Music is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, Apple TV, PC, Android, CarPlay, HomePod, Sonos, and Amazon Echo.
“Our customers want to make the most of their time when flying with us. That’s why we’re investing in high-speed Wi-Fi, the newest movies, live TV and now Apple Music,” said Janelle Anderson, vice president of Global Marketing at American. “Providing customers with more ways to stay connected throughout each flight is one way to show we value their business and the time they spend with us.”
“For most travelers, having music to listen to on the plane is just as important as anything they pack in their suitcases,” said Oliver Schusser, vice president of Apple Music. “With the addition of Apple Music on American flights, we are excited that customers can now enjoy their music in even more places. Subscribers can stream all their favorite songs and artists in the air, and continue to listen to their personal library offline giving them everything they need to truly sit back, relax and enjoy their flight.”
American is also investing in new entertainment and connectivity options throughout its fleet. In addition to launching Apple Music, American is also:
- Installing high-speed Wi-Fi on domestic aircraft, with more than 570 aircraft complete today, and full completion mid-2019
- Adding free live TV on more than 300 domestic and 155 international aircraft, with additional rollouts continuing this year
- Providing free access to wireless entertainment throughout American’s fleet, bringing great movies and television shows right to each customer’s device
- Installing power at every seat on mainline aircraft and two-class regional jets
- CMA Songwriters Series & Spotlight Stage To Return To C2C Festival In March - December 1, 2023
- Kenny Chesney Adds Three Soccer Stadiums To ‘Sun Goes Down 2024 Tour’ - December 1, 2023
- Crowd Surf Accepting Applications For New Music Apprenticeship Program - December 1, 2023