Spotify has announced the launch of its annual 2018 Artist Wrapped campaign, presenting artists with a custom micro-site celebrating their success on Spotify over the past year, including an overview of how their music connected with fans.
The news coincides with the launch of Spotify’s annual Wrapped campaign for listeners, which allows fans to rediscover and share the music and podcasts that formed their personal soundtrack in 2018. Artists and their teams can access and share their Wrapped pages by logging into Spotify for Artists.
“Since launching initially as a streaming analytics tool, Spotify for Artists has evolved into a powerful resource for artists and their teams to manage their profiles, understand fans, submit tracks to Spotify playlists, upload music, and more,” said Charlie Hellman, Head of Creator Marketplace, Spotify. “Over the past year, we’ve seen artists and teams connect with their fans through Spotify in powerful ways and our second annual ‘Artist Wrapped’ celebrates that. We hope it’s fun for artists to see how they reached new milestones, delighted their super fans, and got discovered by new listeners all around the world. And we know fans love celebrating artists’ achievements with them.”
2018 Artist Wrapped provides artists with the following data points:
- Total Hours of Listening in 2018, contextualized into number of years
- Year-over-year gains (increases in total fans, new fans, fan playlist adds, followers, total streams)
- Total Listeners, contextualized in terms of populations of local cities
- Number of Most Devoted Fans (number of consumers that had you as their #1 artist in 2018)
- Total Followers (if all your fans lined up for your next show, it would be X miles long)
- Total Number of countries + cities you were listened to in (with two cities that are far apart from each other for context) and
- “Share Your 2018” (Total hours, total fans, total streams, number of countries)