The Music Business Association has opened its Call for Presentations for its 2019 Music Biz conference, to be held May 5-8 at the new JW Marriott Nashville.
All submitted topics should present a balanced perspective, with representatives from the commerce, content, and creative communities being given the chance to weigh in on the discussion. Suggested topics of interest can be seen below. Submissions will be considered based on overall quality, focus, and innovation; relevance to the issues facing the music and entertainment industry; sound research and theoretical basis (if applicable); practical implications to the Music Biz audience; and the experience and reputation of proposed speakers.
The deadline to submit is Monday, Nov. 26 at 8 p.m. PST with chosen entries notified by Friday, Jan. 4.
Prime areas of interest for Music Biz 2019 include:
• Entertainment & Technology Law
• Indie Artist & Songwriter
• Artist Management
• Live Events & Touring
• Publishing & Rights Management
• Streaming, Playlisting & New Delivery Models
• Physical Product Sales & Promotion
• Brand & Strategic Partnerships
• Career & Professional Development
• Sync – Television, Film, Games
• Financial Literacy & Planning
• Breakout Programming submissions that do not fall into the categories above, but directly relate to the goal of monetizing music. Topics can include, but are not limited to, social media, marketing & public relations, blockchain, AI & VR, and more.
Presentations, case studies, and conversation/interview formats are encouraged, while sales-pitch-oriented presentations will not be considered. Those sessions that lend themselves best to a panel format MUST be limited to no more than a moderator and three (3) panelists.
Presenters/panelists MUST be diverse in gender, ethnicity, age, geographic location, areas of expertise, and ideologies. Submissions that do not demonstrate diversity in these areas will not be considered.
There are no fees required to submit a proposal, and Music Biz membership is not required to submit.
Further details can be found at musicbiz.org.
Those wishing to submit a speaker for consideration rather than a panel or presentation idea can do so here.
- Brenda Lee Gets Her Flowers For Her Enduring Christmas Classic [Interview] - December 8, 2023
- Industry Ink: Ian Munsick, Marty Stuart, Average Joes, TLACC - December 8, 2023
- Cody Johnson Tops MusicRow Radio Chart With ‘The Painter’ - December 8, 2023