The second album from BMLG Records artist Brett Young, titled Ticket To L.A., will release Dec. 7.
The album follows Young’s startling accomplishments since his debut album released in 2017. He’s earned four consecutive Platinum-certified No. 1 singles, one 3x-Platinum single, and earned an ACM for New Male Vocalist of the Year.
“It’s been four-and-a-half years that I’ve been in Nashville,” says the chart-topping Southern California native. “A lot has happened, the first record has been really good to me and I’m really, really proud of it. But just having a new batch of songs – it’s like breathing new life almost.”
Young worked once again with producer Dann Huff, executive producer and label executive Jimmy Harnen and engineer/mixer Justin Niebank on Ticket To L.A., where he continues to mix his SoCal soul with country.
“I decided to name the album Ticket To L.A. because flying home to Los Angeles has become such a big part of my life,” Young explains. “A lot of the first record reflected a kind of hard point in my life when I was moving from Los Angeles to Nashville, but I’m in a completely different place now. I’m so happy, and I think you can really hear that shift on the new record.”
Young collaborates with one of his musical idols, Gavin DeGraw, on “Chapters” while expressing personal sentiments co-writing 10 of the album’s tracks alongside Shane McAnally, Hillary Lindsey, Lady Antebellum’s Charles Kelley and more.
TICKET TO L.A. Track Listing
1. “Ticket To L.A.” | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Jon Nite
2. “Here Tonight” | Written by Brett Young, Ben Caver, Justin Ebach, Charles Kelley
3. “Catch” | Written by Brett Young, Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley
4. “1, 2, 3 – Mississippi” | Written by Brett Young, Justin Ebach, Jon Nite
5. “Let It Be Mine” | Written by Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally, Jon Nite
6. “Where You Want Me” | Written by Brett Young, Jessie Jo Dillon, Shane McAnally
7. “Used To Missin’ You” | Written by Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
8. “Change Your Name” | Written by Ross Copperman, Matt Jenkins, Jon Nite
9. “Chapters” (Feat. Gavin DeGraw) | Written by Brett Young, Ross Copperman, Gavin DeGraw
10. “The Ship And The Bottle” | Written by Nicolle Galyon, Chase McGill, Jon Nite
11. “Reason To Stay” | Written by Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins, Emily Warren
12. “Runnin’ Away From Home” | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Hillary Lindsey
13. “Don’t Wanna Write This Song” | Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Sean McConnell
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020