Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc. has announced that music industry executive Joe Galante has joined its Board of Directors. Galante is the former Chairman of Sony Music in Nashville and former President of RCA Records in New York City.
Galante’s appointment to Cumberland’s Board as an independent director was effective Sept. 19, 2018. Galante is also currently on the Board of Directors of Pinnacle Financial Partners, as well as the Country Music Association, and chair of the CMA Foundation.
He began his career at RCA Records in New York, followed by a transfer to RCA Nashville where he served as a director at the label, followed by the role of Vice President Promotion and Marketing. At the age of 32, he became the youngest person ever named to run a major country music record label. In 1990 he was named the President of RCA Records in New York. He returned to Nashville as Chairman to run the RCA and BNA labels there. Under his leadership, RCA Records was the number one country label for 11 consecutive years. He then served as Chairman of Sony Music Nashville for six years. He was presented with the Bob Kingsley Living Legend Award by the Opry Trust to honor his work in country music.
“We are delighted to welcome Joe Galante to our Board of Directors. His successful business track record, entrepreneurial and public company experience make him a valuable new member of our Board,” said A.J. Kazimi, Chief Executive Officer of Cumberland Pharmaceuticals. “We are fortunate to be headquartered in Nashville, one of the country’s most successful cities in the 21st century. Our two largest industries here are healthcare and entertainment, and we now have leaders of both those industries helping to build our company through their participation on our Board.”
Cumberland’s Board of Directors also includes Joey Jacobs, Chairman and CEO of Acadia Healthcare; Dr. Gordon Bernard, Associate Vice-Chancellor for Research at Vanderbilt University Medical Center; Jamie Jones, former Managing Partner of KPMG LLP’s Middle Tennessee operations, Jon Griggs, Former Vice President Human Resources at Warner-Lambert Company, Caroline Young, former President of the Nashville Healthcare Council and current President of Nashville Health, and Ken Krogulski, President and Chief Executive Officer of Berkshire Asset Management LLC, who also all serve as independent directors.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc. develops, acquires, and commercializes brands for the hospital acute care, gastroenterology, and oncology market segments. The company’s portfolio of FDA-approved brands includes:
• Acetadote® (acetylcysteine) Injection, for the treatment of acetaminophen poisoning;
• Caldolor® (ibuprofen) Injection, for the treatment of pain and fever;
• Kristalose® (lactulose) for Oral Solution, a prescription laxative, for the treatment of chronic and acute constipation;
• Omeclamox®-Pak, (omeprazole, clarithromycin, amoxicillin) for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection and related duodenal ulcer disease;
• Vaprisol® (conivaptan) Injection, to raise serum sodium levels in hospitalized patients with euvolemic and hypervolemic hyponatremia;
• Ethyol® (amifostine) Injection, for the reduction of xerostomia (dry mouth) in patients undergoing post-operative radiation treatment for head and neck cancer and the renal toxicity associated with the administration of cisplatin in patients with advanced ovarian cancer;
• Totect® (dexrazoxane hydrochloride) Injection, for emergency oncology intervention, to treat the toxic effects of anthracycline chemotherapy in case of extravasation (drug leakage from the bloodstream into the tissues).
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020