Wheelhouse Records trio Runaway June will release their debut EP to all digital retailers and streaming services on Friday, Sept. 7.
Produced by Dann Huff, the album is anchored by lead single “Buy My Own Drinks.” The track was written by Runaway June’s Naomi Cooke, Hannah Mulholland and Jennifer Wayne, along with Hillary Lindsey and Josh Kear. The EP also includes a cover of Dwight Yoakam’s “Fast As You.”
“This is a group of songs that really expresses us as a band,” said Cooke. “We have been working on this project for two years and so many life changes have happened to us as people, and now more than ever we have songs that tell the stories of those moments.”
“The EP is a really fun and diverse look into our sound as a band. It incorporates the fun of the live show, but also shows some soft moments that fans can relate to,” added Mulholland.
Wayne also noted of production, “Dann Huff has changed our lives. He’s completely zoned in on our sound. He’s so collaborative and he’s such a joy to work with.”
Runaway June will join Carrie Underwood’s The Cry Pretty Tour 360 in Spring 2019.
Runaway June EP track listing:
1) “Buy My Own Drinks” (Hannah Mulholland, Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Kear)
2) “I Am Too” (busbee, Corey Crowder, Liz Rose)
3) “Got Me Where I Want You” (James Slater, Kat Higgins, Justin Morgan)
4) “Fast As You” (Dwight Yoakam)
5) “Wild West” (Justin Lantz, Billy Montana, Jennifer Wayne)
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020