New West Records is set to release Jason Isbell’s Sirens Of The Ditch (Deluxe Edition) on July 13. Originally released in 2007, the album was co-produced by Isbell and his former Drive-By Truckers bandmate, Patterson Hood.
Sirens Of The Ditch was recorded at FAME recording studio in Isbell’s hometown of Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
Isbell is joined by Brad Morgan of the Drive-By Truckers on drums, and former Drive-By Truckers member, Shonna Tucker on bass. Several musicians pop in for cameos including the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section players David Hood (Patterson’s father) and Spooner Oldham on “Down In A Hole,” John Neff of Drive-By Truckers on “Dress Blues,” and Patterson Hood on “Shotgun Wedding.” Sirens Of The Ditch (Deluxe Edition) features four previously unreleased songs from the original sessions at FAME, bringing the new, expanded track listing to 15 total songs.
Sirens Of The Ditch (Deluxe Edition) will be available across digital platforms, on compact disc, as well as 180g vinyl. There will also be a limited, clear vinyl LP version available at independent retailers as well as a limited, split brown & cream colored version exclusive to Vinyl Me Please.
Sirens Of The Ditch (Deluxe Reissue) Track Listing:
1. Brand New Kind Of Actress
2. Down In A Hole
4. Chicago Promenade
5. Dress Blues
7. Hurricanes and Hand Grenades
8. In A Razor Town
9. Shotgun Wedding
10. The Magician
11. The Devil Is My Running Mate
12. Whisper (Previously Unreleased)
13. Crystal Clear (Previously Unreleased)
14. The Assassin (Previously Unreleased)
15. Racetrack Romeo (Previously Unreleased)
- CMA Honors Robert Deaton With Chairman’s Award - December 4, 2020
- Nashville Symphony, Nashville Musicians Association Reach Agreement - December 4, 2020
- Zach Williams’ “Chain Breaker” Is Most-Added On ‘MusicRow’ CountryBreakout Radio Chart - December 4, 2020